6.4 Stock-Style airbox?

-

GoldSwinger71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few pics but can’t remember where- is anyone running a OEM style airbox (challenger/charger/???) on their 6.4? I’d prefer not to have to fab one or use a generic DeltaFlow kit if I could just adapt a factory one or pull it from a junkyard.

The challenger one looks like it might be too tall for a stock A-body hood but I might need to get out a measuring stick and start digging in.

Thanks!

-Daniel

I tried a couple for my e-body. All were too bulky. They went out in the trash. I don't like the cone filters, but haven't found anything modern that fits...so far.

cuda under hood 8-2-21.jpg

The challenger one looks like it might be too tall for a stock A-body hood but I might need to get out a measuring stick and start digging in.

Thanks!

-Daniel

I've wondered about the same thing. I thought a factory one could be cut down and contoured to seal against the underside of the hood with a rubber seal.

Otherwise I was going to fab one similar to what @CurtDawg510 used on his Duster.

If I end up needing to cut one down, I can potentially do some plastic welding if I can hide the seam and not make it look like a butchering job. The other option would be to look for something else in the Mopar line that fits the dimensions and couple the air intake to the correct size tube. Unfortunately, most junkyards with new enough vehicles don't let you pick and pull anymore. :-/

Dodge Charger Hemi airbox modified to work upside down. Cold air intake and it looks factory.

16878964290217907129558647198995.jpg

16878965090595620105243189152662.jpg

-
Back