6-8 swap, trans dapt swap kit, TTI header issues?

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anybody used the trans dapt /6 to v8 swap with TTI headers? I'm having fitment issues. Been at it all day.

I know, surprise surprise surprise

Oh! And those with TTI headers and swap kits please chime in.
I suppose the Schumacher creatives services kits were used.

Car in question is a 71 Duster

We had a '72 Demon in the shop with a slant K and a Trans Dapt mount kit and issues fitting the TTI 340W2-17835 headers we sold him. He also had a deep sump Milodon pan that had fitment issues.

Cliff's Notes version, engine was not located properly per the TTI measurements. It was off in multiple planes (X, Y and Z). Took a lot of fiddling with the Trans Dapt kit, a second set of isolators, passenger isolator rotated at a funny angle, a couple of the Schumacher shims (we had them in stock), and a notch in the flange on the K to clear the corner of the oil pan.

Thanks Rob. I looked at the Schumacher site and instructions for the measurements. The mounts look the same, but of course, may not be. I'll be working on this in a little bit. I'll detail an update later.
Thanks again.

Well, using the guide by Schumacher Creative Serives the K frame distance between perches and the passengerside perch to frame rail are for a V8, not a /6 as I thought I had. No OWNDER I can not fitit in.
I'm such a dumbs. Thanks Rob./ Now to find engine mounts! Where where where??? LMAO!

-
Back