/6 exhaust manifold heat control bushing

-

71twister3bytheknee6

Reaction score
My 170 '69 Dart appears to be missing the rear flanged manifold heat control valve bushing.I might have damaged it when I was trying to free it up for 3 days.The steel shaft now appears rather loose and sloppy in the cast iron,and I am concerned it might leak exhaust gases.The front bushing is fine.Does anybody know what this is made of,steel,stainless,brass,etc.Is their a standard size number I can use to request it in trying to find one?And if I find one,will I be able to slip it over the rear end of the shaft,into the cast iron.I will certainly find something to use as a proper hollow circular punch.Ofcourse I'm also missing the retainer clips that fit on the shaft.If anybody has any of the above bushings and retainers,and anti-rattle spring,I'd be more than happy to pay you to take them off your hands. Thanks. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

well, you could go full monte and remove entire butterfly valve, oversize drill the bores to fit a brass rod and then drill out the rod plugs to fit the valve. you would then tap these "new" brass bearings on over the installed valve. make sure they rotate freely as there is very little drag on a stock part. New manifolds are pretty cheap, I think they are under $100 on Ebay.

-
Back