/6 headers

-

42willys

Reaction score
Guys, I just want to tell any one looking for a set of headers to use the hooker headers. Not only did I receive them from Hooker in 3 days but when I went to put them on the fell in to place w/NO MODIFICATIONS AT ALL!!!!
once I hade the original intake and exhaust manafold off these fit on like a dream..litterally a 20min job!

These are my Hookers, part # from Summit HOK-5602HKR 72 Swinger Special w/ps.

Dart exhaust 001.jpg

Dart exhaust 003.jpg

Dart exhaust 004.jpg

FWIW, when I had the \6 in my car here are the Hooker 6 into 2 I had on it with an Offy intake and Holley 390 4bbl.

Slant6.jpg

Well damn, something else to add to the shopping list. My wife says thanks. :eek:)

Guys, I just want to tell any one looking for a set of headers to use the hooker headers. Not only did I receive them from Hooker in 3 days but when I went to put them on the fell in to place w/NO MODIFICATIONS AT ALL!!!!
once I hade the original intake and exhaust manafold off these fit on like a dream..litterally a 20min job!

Just a question; kooks like the 2 bbl carb but no heat sink for the choke. Did you just use a manual cable for choking? I have a 2bbl setup but the 1 bbl exhaust where the heat sink is in the wrong place I think.

Nize=P~=P~ Thank you for sharing 42willys :-D

Okay, my questions about these hedders. I have a set of long tube Hooker Super Comps for my slant along with an Offy intake and Holley 390. It appears that my Hedder flange is about an 1/8th of an inch thinner than the intake. I dont want to just use some small spacers to even out the gap. Does anyone make something kind of sturdy to aid in this. I am guessing thinning down the flange on the intake is not a good idea due to maybe the aluminum flange being to thin and cracking but again I am just guessing here. Any tips anyone?? Thanks.
Chas.

Chas
I just cut the intake down to match my headders. It didnt seem to weaken it. Ive run that intake for 2 years now with no problems.
Frank

-
Back