/6 info needed

-

65 CUDA

Reaction score
i need to know what year my /6 motors are. how can i found out the date/year

Start by getting the stampings on the deck under plug #1, and by the pan/rail if there, then the casting #'s, then pour a cup of java & search back through the slanty forum
and You may find Your answer as We've covered ID-ing a number of times. If You're stumped post them up........................

thanks for the info

Start by getting the stampings on the deck under plug #1, and by the pan/rail if there, then the casting #'s, then pour a cup of java & search back through the slanty forum
and You may find Your answer as We've covered ID-ing a number of times. If You're stumped post them up........................

No, core plugs..but we can call them freeze plugs too. Early had 3 later had 5. Very early had no alternator bolt boss on water neck.

Last edited:
Yes, he means freeze plugs. The more important question is what numbers are cast into the freeze plug side of the block, but even more important than that are to find the stamped numbers (and letters, there might be) on the block deck extension on the other (distributor) side of the block. It's at the front (№ 1) until late-production blocks, then it moved in some cases to the back. It's not at the oil pan rail level.

-
Back