/6 Mileage ?

-
Yeah but it got that for mileage when machine work was in the dark ages per say, along with low tech spark control. And it still got that mileage. Computer controls, emission controls, speed controls, etc..

I haven't figured any figures yet but the 73 dart custom 4 door I just picked up has a 225 with a 1 bbl holley bone stock with a rebuilt carb and it is getting better mileage than my girlfriends 93 mazda lx with a DOHC 1.8 or 1.9 or whatever it is.

When Im done with my 27 T I will be lucky if it gets 2 miles per gallon with a beer keg for a gas tank LOL.

My '69 valiant 4 door gets 24 mpg. highway at the speed limit. It's a '75 225 auto stock with 2.76 gears, holley 1 bbl, electronic ignition, and a good tune up. I've had quite a few /6 cars and trucks over the years, and that's typical i've found. Nothing is good on gas if you put your foot in it! The best I've seen is a '82 Miser 225/6 4 spd od. truck that got 30 at highway speeds that we went on a long trip with. I drive my valiant 800-900 miles a month! Subtract 15% for U.S. coversion! They are a good, reliable engine combo if you don't beat on them and take them for what they are,I bet the dart lite would get 30 mpg. U.S. if driven right.

I have a 73 Dart Sport with a /6. On the HWY running at approx 60 mph and taching at just over 3 grand I get 220 miles per tank!!!! Approx 15 MPG!!! If I drop in back to 25/26 on the tach hwy I gain about 60-70 Miles per tank. This is the reason the 360 is on the engine stand, soon to go in!!!

Bryan

Dart Sport-z-g.jpg

1962Edison said:
I have a 73 Dart Sport with a /6. On the HWY running at approx 60 mph and taching at just over 3 grand I get 220 miles per tank!!!! Approx 15 MPG!!! If I drop in back to 25/26 on the tach hwy I gain about 60-70 Miles per tank. This is the reason the 360 is on the engine stand, soon to go in!!!

Bryan

Boy, THAT'LL help your mileage!

vynn3 said:
Boy, THAT'LL help your mileage!

Forsure...LOL! No way it will help my mileage... but it should stop the scooters and mopeds from beating me from stop light to stop light!!! LOL!

this past week, i averaged about 17mpg mixed highway and city driving in my 66 with a 225/904

64dartwagon said:
I heard that the Ford model T averaged 25mpg. And the average car today gets 18. Tell me why that is. I think it has to do with all the extra crap put in.

safety requirements have made cars heavier and heavier. (well not as heavy as some but still) add that with a small engine and look what you get.
plusthe suvs are bringing that down im sure. im looking to get a 74 4 door dart for a dd instead of my protege that gets 35mpg, id rather DD a dart. :)

My 73 dart with a super six and auto got 22 mpg highway and 16-17 city with my old motor that had who knows how many miles. Have not checked it with my fresh motor.

My 85 stone stock d150 gets 18 around town, 22 mostly highway, and 25 all highway. It has a one barrel and a 4 speed OD.

-
Back