6 PACK Set-up

-

chev1171

Reaction score
I have a chance to purchase a 1964 Dodge 440 4-door sedan.The owner has offered me included in the sale a Offenhauser 6 pack and intake for a "318" along with a 318 motor and the original 4 barrel . Anyone ever heard of such an " animal". Will this fit a "340" ??
Any idea what this intake equipment would be worth by itself ????
What would this be like on this 318 car(6 pack)???
I am still debating on buying the car but the project sounds like it's too good to pass by.
Any comments would CERTAINLY be appreciated.
I have just finished a "70" 340 Swinger which really supri$$$$$$ed me. I'm a little nervous about another one.

does the 318 in the car look just like the one in your dart or are the valve covers way diffrent? if they look way diffrent then it could be a polydome 318,the 6 pak setup is probably for a 340 from the git go edelbrock made the intakes for chrysler.

Is the manifold low like the first pic or high like the second ? Notice the hieght from the carb base in relation to the thermostat.

poly6pack.jpg

3406pack.gif

The owner did use the term polyshere which I had never heard of before and didn't know what he was referring to.
As for the 2nd reply the set-up looks like the first picture.
So what does this all mean in reference to :
1- the value
2- the possible use on a 340. The engine is not presenly in the car to be assessed.
3- Was there ever a 6 pack set-up on a 318?
Thanks to everyone for their time.
Dennis

The poly 318 manifold will not work on any LA engine (273, 318, 340, 360). As far as value, it does hold some value as it is not commonly seen now a days. Depending on condition it could be worth (IMO) $150-$300. Of course, value is in the eye of the beholder. There was no LA version of the 318 to be factory equipt with a six pack. The only small block factory equipt with six pack/six barrel carburation was the 340 cid 1970 Trans am cars (TA Challenger & AAR Cuda). You can use the 340 intake on you 318 if you wish, several companies, such as Mancini, year one, etc...sell complete packages.

-
Back