/6 popper fans

-
While I like the manifolds I can’t help but wonder how much more a good set of headers would produce.
That's a good point. The owner already dropped a serious chunk of change just on those carbs alone, makes me wonder why he stuck with manifolds.

That's a good point. The owner already dropped a serious chunk of change just on those carbs alone, makes me wonder why he stuck with manifolds.
If that is for a street driver, the manifold will make just as much power as headers, with none of the down sides (headers have a tendancy to leak, rust out in a few years, and are noisier.)

If that is for a street driver, the manifold will make just as much power as headers, with none of the down sides (headers have a tendancy to leak, rust out in a few years, and are noisier.)
That may have been true for a daly driver thirty years ago but for a project car, a car that gets driven once or twice a week, is not going to have problems. The Hookers on my Fairlane are twenty three years old, no rust no leaks.

I don't see "noisier" as being a downside, but maybe my neighbors do.

I'm actually interested in learning why headers wouldn't offer added power over the manifold.

Yup, I've probably watched it 100 times....chompin' at the bit to see it installed in the Blue Aussie Valiant!

-
Back