-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tincup

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a new project, a dodge Pick-up. Like the title says, 61-71 Dodge, must be 90-95% rust free!!!I want something that is worth restoring. Prefer short bed Sweptside (no stepsides) will consider a long bed if it is in great shape. Don't care about engine, or tranny, I'm not going to use them anyway. PM me if you know of any. Thanks..

I know of a Shortbed that has been restored but a project rust free that's tough on these trucks

I know of a Shortbed that has been restored but a project rust free that's tough on these trucks

I’m going to agree with this. I’ve been fixing rust on my 64 for the last month. Floor pans, rockers, inside cab. I don’t think you’re going to find a survivor reasonably priced 90-95% rust free. The guys, including myself, have to be willing to fix rust. In my opinion, there wasn’t a cooler looking Dodge truck than the 61-71. If you get a truck out of AZ or west you might stand a chance. The guys on sweptline.org are always posting the for sale ads found.
Bump to ya, some of us here have swepty or Ute.

i know its not a d100 or a shortbed but.....my buddy has this 70 d200 camper special factory 383/727 dana 60 3.54 gears and has rare factory power steering. truck was previously from oregon and it is 95% rust free small 12x12 section on driver side floor is cut out to be patched and a small section on the front side of the cowl panel approx 8x10 that has been cut out. and that is it for rust i have owned several of these trucks and it is the most rust free and unpatched truck i have seen in our area. the rockers cab corners and mounts are all in amazing shape!!! there are no other holes in this truck beside the 2 small sections cut out to be repaired the original 383 block and trans are out of it now but are sitting in the bed. along with extra parts. the previuos owner had a 440 in it but was pulled the day my buddy bought it. the whole brake system is redone. if i had the $$ i would own it and not him he is asking $1000 for it with all the extra parts. i really cant believe how solid this truck is and the tailgate shuts like a new truck!! his user name on here is framedude on here PM him if your interested we are in pennsylvania. i feel this truck is worth restoring because it is a factory big block and i happen to like camper special trucks...

Attachments

• 70 camper special.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 487
i have an rust free 68 2wd long box d100 if your interested in Idaho with title its a non runner whats it worth to you i can get pictures when i get home plus i do own a transport company also!!!!!

Really looking for an unrestored truck, thanks anyway.

I’m going to agree with this. I’ve been fixing rust on my 64 for the last month. Floor pans, rockers, inside cab. I don’t think you’re going to find a survivor reasonably priced 90-95% rust free. The guys, including myself, have to be willing to fix rust. In my opinion, there wasn’t a cooler looking Dodge truck than the 61-71. If you get a truck out of AZ or west you might stand a chance. The guys on sweptline.org are always posting the for sale ads found.
Bump to ya, some of us here have swepty or Ute.

I know it will be difficult to find a "rust free" truck, but parts are not readily available for these, so I am trying to find the most complete truck I can. I have no problem shipping it, my Dart came from AZ.

I know of a few in the Seattle area. Shipping a rust free truck might be cheaper than fixing rust.

I agree, plus, my daughter lives near Seattle, I could get the wife to go for a visit. If you have any pic's or ad's, please send them along.

Tincup
I just acquired this little fella

[ame="http://s249.photobucket.com/user/disposablehero1999/media/photo4.png.html"]photo4.png Photo by disposablehero1999 | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg204/disposablehero1999/photo4.p@@AMEPARAM@@249.photobucket.com/albums/gg204/disposablehero1999/photo4.p[/ame]

Id consider getting rid of it

Tincup
I just acquired this little fella

Id consider getting rid of it

Thanks Floyd, it looks like a nice truck. But, I have just started my search, I'm kinda holding out for a short bed, but I'll keep it in mind.

Tincup, I'm looking for one also, to put beside my Uteline, I will keep my eyes out for you. Commando you have a very nice truck.

Steve

Attachments

• 7859812-20130920_165749_resized.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 347
Tincup, I'm looking for one also, to put beside my Uteline, I will keep my eyes out for you. Commando you have a very nice truck.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I appreciate it....

If you find the truck i have a killer new 4 core radiator for that years of trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back