1965 Dodge A100 Camper Van - "Uncle Rico"

-
Great looking van you scored there. Congrats.
Keep looking and you will find a good engine just be patient.

I put these factory full caps on my van. Dinged caps fit right in on this van, they are cheap, the restoration guys don’t want to pay to restore them.

78D28DD6-EF50-4534-B932-DD9C0AC1A0D0.png

3CB0D539-D987-4DA8-888C-494954A2C7B3.png

Nice van. That Chevy 3100 is nice also. My Grandfather had one when i was a kid in the 70s. It was a 25 year old truck then LOL! Those "Advanced Design" Trucks were state of the art in their day.

That's a cool ride right there.I also love camping with the family so I would love to roll into a campground in one of those.Cant wait to see this build come together.

this is right in my backyard!

I *think* that Bradley was bought out by Allen Aerospace and became Allen-Bradley at some point. I definitely remember seeing Allen-Bradley stuff at Joe Factor back in the day. I believe that they were then acquired by Rockwell? A lot of that type of manufacturing went on here in Van Nuys back in the day.

anyway, super cool van! mos def following the build!

this is right in my backyard!

I *think* that Bradley was bought out by Allen Aerospace and became Allen-Bradley at some point. I definitely remember seeing Allen-Bradley stuff at Joe Factor back in the day. I believe that they were then acquired by Rockwell? A lot of that type of manufacturing went on here in Van Nuys back in the day.

anyway, super cool van! mos def following the build!
Wow that's interesting.So up here in Ontario Canada we had Allen Bradley which is now Rockwell .They do electrical cabinets and stuff.

Since I bought the van I've done quite a few things. Rectifying the seat situation was a priority. The original frames were in the van but they were mostly bare or rough foam. I opted for some aftermarket seats and adapted the frames to the van. They worked like a charm and very affordable. Here's some pics...

457986C9-A762-499B-8A20-2C1A03487130.jpeg

I have the same seats.Replacement CJ5 Jeep. $160 each at 4WheelParts.
Many are being used in A990 Clones. Very well made for the price.

-
Back