'61 lancer prices

-

redlined

Reaction score
What's a rust free '61 Lancer 2 dr going for these days on average? Found one, guy wants an offer.

Needs a complete resto, interior is complete but trashed, body is straight, but needs paint etc., glass is all good.

He says it runs, which could mean on all six, or maybe just two or three lol.

I dont know what a good price would be for you but I think about ~1500-1700 is what I would pay. (????)

I wouldn't pay a penny over $1000 for one. Fixed up run of the mill Lancers go for $2000 at most.

Depends on your plans with it........but rust free and complete goes a long way

Mopars have been falling in my lap lately. Found a rust free '64 273/auto Formula S for $2250, pretty decent shape. A '66 SportFury, A/C, PS, PB,
tilt/telscopic,also rustless, fair shape for $1000. Both are within 3 miles of my work.

Anyhow, here's a pic of the Lancer.

Attachments

• DSC_0917.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0919.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 121
I think you are going to have a tough time finding good interior, grill etc if you plan to restore. I would say around $1000 would be right.

Fuel injected roller 360, 4spd, cushy seats, tilt, cruise, A/C etc. Highway car mostly. Been looking for a wagon, but............

Pull up alongside someone at the light - a little cam rumble........no body would even think about trying you out.

What's a rust free '61 Lancer 2 dr going for these days on average? Found one, guy wants an offer.

Needs a complete resto, interior is complete but trashed, body is straight, but needs paint etc., glass is all good.

He says it runs, which could mean on all six, or maybe just two or three lol.

Hey Redline! I got my 62 Wagon for 1650. I am into it at around 6K right now and have not done brakes, front suspension, engine, trans and all of the small stuff. If you want it done right you will have more than it will sell for. Just quote prices to the seller and try to get it as cheap as possible! 61 parts are hard to find! Stan

cool car--- this comes down to preference, the market will always be small for these cars--- so if you like it strike a deal-- the lower the better for you, it might have the aluminum slant in it---
some aussie guys like that style of valiant-- but not sure on the Lancer
no rust-- missing trim & bent grille--
I'm thinking $800
Lawrence

I've never worried about profit on a project car, I just build 'em because I'm addicted. Besides, I keep 'em forever. I've had my 440 motor for over twenty years, been in three cars, one car was killed by the ex, one car was killed by the current, the other is in the garage and no, she does NOT drive it lol.

Shot the guy an e-mail, offered him $600. Car's over 400 miles from here, we'll see.

Mopars have been falling in my lap lately. Found a rust free '64 273/auto Formula S for $2250, pretty decent shape. A '66 SportFury, A/C, PS, PB,
tilt/telscopic,also rustless, fair shape for $1000. Both are within 3 miles of my work.

Anyhow, here's a pic of the Lancer.

The Formula S Barracuda didnt start till the 1965 model year.

I sold a REALLY clean driver Paint and interior nice No rust AZ car for 2500 bucks Gotta find someone who wants one

-
Back