62 Valiant

-

roadripper

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the driver side floor pan on one of these cars ? ? I am tryin to remake this floor pan from scratch , and i cant figure out how the emergency cable goes through the floor:banghead:?? does it go through a grommet? Any help would be great !!! Also lookin for a good source for headers for the slant six >> thanks mike

plans are slant six 4 barrel intake , headers , flat black paint should make a cool cruiser :supz:

Attachments

• phone 074.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 315
  • phone 079.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 281
the grommet should be attached to your brake cable-- looking at your picture it looks really rough, the grommet has steel clips to hold it in place in the floor, I'll look for pictures tonight ,Lawrence

I have not been able to find the grommet at all, When I get home I'll try and remember to get you some pictures of my floor on my 62 Wagon. the cable goes thru the floor and the grommet is screwed around the cable to the floor kinda like a shifter boot is screwed down best way I can think of explaining it.

Boy, do I ever feel smug. My car's floor is very complete and solid. Although I got my car in pieces, I should be able to get you a picture of what this is supposed to look like.

RIPPER OF ROADS, I noticed that your photos are kind of murky. Is the floodwater already up to the ceiling in Manitoba this spring?

No flood waters yet still cold here !!gettin real sick of the snow
Photos taken with cell phone sorry about the quality !!
Have to get a new camera or better lighting I guess

this is 64 floorpan, not much better - last owner was old guy who stapled and screwed three layers of shag carpet in this parts car! btw - any experts know if there is any sheetmetal interchange between 60-62 and 63-66 or they completely different animals?
as for headers - probably clifford made more than anyone else

Attachments

• 100_1677.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 100_1679.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 271
here is 2 pictures of a 62 driver's side floor-- different cars but both 62's , Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_4646.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_9539 (Large).JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 206
I bought floor pans for a '63 Valiant to replace the floors in my '62. The '63 floor pan was exactly the same as the '62, except that I had to trim about 2" off the outside edges.

-
Back