63-66 A Body metal splash plate ID

-

jamesfillmore

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Trying to get a handle on the metal splash plates (front plate behind headlight and rear plate in front of door hinge) on the 63 to 66 A bodies, Dodge and Plymouth.

First does anyone know what years interchange? Only one I know of is 63-65 Dodge are the same. I'd imagine 63-65 Plymouth are also.

In another post, IDing 63-66 Dart license plate lights, 63-65 were the same, 66 was a one year only, then 67-72 were again all the same.

So I'm assuming 66 splash plates are a one year only for both Dodge and Plymouth.

I'd be interested in purchasing a set of splash plates (at least one frt and one rear - would purchase in pairs if needed) from a 66 Dodge, 66 Plym, 63-65 dodge and 63-65 Plym to confirm.

I can't say as to the interchange between years, but i do have a '66 Dart I've been parting out. I could look at it for you.

Ive had a 65 and a 66 dart. I believe the rear shields near the door hinges are identical but the front ones are slightly different between 65 and 66

First does anyone know what years interchange? Only one I know of is 63-65 Dodge are the same. I'd imagine 63-65 Plymouth are also.

I'll take a look at my 65 Barracuda and see how they compare to the ones for my 65 Darts. I thought they were the same but will check to make sure.

So I'm assuming 66 splash plates are a one year only for both Dodge and Plymouth.

The 66 Plymouth front splash shields are definitely different than for the 65s. The rears might be the same; the ones I pulled off the 66 I parted out were too rotted to even mess with.

I'd be interested in purchasing a set of splash plates (at least one frt and one rear - would purchase in pairs if needed) from a 66 Dodge, 66 Plym, 63-65 dodge and 63-65 Plym to confirm.

I should have pairs for a 65 Dart. Let me check on Wed (already dark by the time I get home :-(

Attached is a picture of the headlight splash shield pieces I just did for someone. I found another old splash shield I had labeled "65 Barracuda" and it was identical.

Does anyone know if 65 and 66 splash shields were the same? Were the fenders the same? I'm thinking they aren't.

I use headlight pictures as category buttons on my website and 63-65 Dart, 63-65 Valiant, 64-65 Barracuda looks the same but 66 models all look like a 1 year only. http://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/a-body-1963-66/

Attachments

• 66 BARRACUDA HEADLIGHT SPLASH.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 164
Attached is a picture of the headlight splash shield pieces I just did for someone. I found another old splash shield I had labeled "65 Barracuda" and it was identical.

Does anyone know if 65 and 66 splash shields were the same? Were the fenders the same? I'm thinking they aren't.

I use headlight pictures as category buttons on my website and 63-65 Dart, 63-65 Valiant, 64-65 Barracuda looks the same but 66 models all look like a 1 year only. http://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/a-body-1963-66/

On the 66 Barracuda I parted out, the front splash shields wee definitely different in shape from my 65 splash shields and would not fit my 65 Dart. I did not compare them with my 65 Barracuda

My 65 Dart came with a few extra splash shields and my 64 Valiant was missing the front shields. The Dart shields don't quite fit since the Valiant has a little bit of the side crease there. It appears the Dart is wider so I can cut the shield to fit. As I recall, the rear shields look identical, but I didn't hold them up to check. The front shields look totally different than the Barracuda photo above.

The rubber side seal was deterioted on a few, so I cut new from neoprene sheet and attached with the factory clips plus weatherstrip cement. Also, sand-blasted and repainted all.

-
Back