[Found!] 63-66 A Body Z Bar

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a z bar for my 65 Dart with a slant six.I believe the 273 uses the same zbar but I’m not 100%.

Thanks!
Jared
Slant 6 and V8 use 2 different Z bars. And if I’m not mistaken, yours will also need to come from a 66 or older car. @SSVDP do you have a slant 6 or V8 one you could post a picture of? I have a few here to compare to if you have a confirmed /6 or V8 unit.

Slant 6 and V8 use 2 different Z bars. And if I’m not mistaken, yours will also need to come from a 66 or older car. @SSVDP do you have a slant 6 or V8 one you could post a picture of? I have a few here to compare to if you have a confirmed /6 or V8 unit.
That’s good to know, I almost ordered one from brewers for the 273 because I figured it was the same. I don’t have a z bar as I got the car without the transmission, but I’m picking up an a230 from a 71 duster slant 6 on Monday, so I’ll have that z bar but I don’t think it will work.

I am glad cosgig chimed in on difference, I agree and would have pointed that out. I post two pics showing the difference. I have both. Your bellhousing will also will be important, as will pivot stud.
Looks like Brewers is out of early A z bars. I have a b'housing setup on ebay at moment. PM me for mo info. leave your txt number.

Zbar 63-6 A s6 (2).JPG

Zbar 64-6 V8 (2).JPG

I am glad cosgig chimed in on difference, I agree and would have pointed that out. I post two pics showing the difference. I have both. Your bellhousing will also will be important, as will pivot stud.
Looks like Brewers is out of early A z bars. I have a b'housing setup on ebay at moment. PM me for mo info. leave your txt number.

View attachment 1716171031

View attachment 1716171032
I pick the trans up tomorrow but here is a shot of the bell I got from the seller. Pm coming

IMG_4956.jpeg

Jared, if the dude has the floor hump....get it if you can. I know it's not for an early A, but I don't see why it couldn't be made to fit if you get the shifter in the pic that came from it. You gotta beat on the floor pan a little to make the A230 fit anyway.

:thumbsup:

Jared, if the dude has the floor hump....get it if you can. I know it's not for an early A, but I don't see why it couldn't be made to fit if you get the shifter in the pic that came from it. You gotta beat on the floor pan a little to make the A230 fit anyway.

:thumbsup:
Yep I’m getting the shifter, but I didn’t get the hump from him. I’m going to order the fiberglass one from brewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back