Status
Not open for further replies.

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a center linkage between 1963 and 1966 plymouth valiant 273/318 i believe center to center it should be roughly 17 1/2 inches. I recently put a new 225 in my valiant but the oil pan was from a 67 225 so the pan hits the center linkage and makes for a hell of a time to drive :/.

Thanks,
Jake

Looking for a center linkage between 1963 and 1966 plymouth valiant 273/318 i believe center to center it should be roughly 17 1/2 inches. I recently put a new 225 in my valiant but the oil pan was from a 67 225 so the pan hits the center linkage and makes for a hell of a time to drive :/.

Thanks,
Jake

The V8 centerlink "might" help. The correct solution would be to use an oil pan AND pick-up from a 63-66 slant.

The V8 centerlink "might" help. The correct solution would be to use an oil pan AND pick-up from a 63-66 slant.

I was hoping it would work but like you said im not 100%. I thought that since the oil pan was from a 65 dart it would have worked since its between the same years A body.

. . . . but the oil pan was from a 67 225 so the pan hits the center linkage and makes for a hell of a time to drive :/.

Thanks,
Jake

I was hoping it would work but like you said im not 100%. I thought that since the oil pan was from a 65 dart it would have worked since its between the same years A body.

Is the oil pan from a 65 or a 67 as mentioned in your first post? If the pan is definitely a 65 (or 64 or 66) it will fit the chassis with the original slant 6 centerlink. If the motor (and pan) is from a 67, again, the best solution is find the early A pan AND oil pickup.

When I originally bought the 225 the guy who sold it to me had 2 loner cars, one a 65 and the other 67. I thought he said it was from the 67 but I called to verify and he said it was From the 65, but it still isn't fitting in there??

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Did you replace the motor mounts? If they are old and crushed down, this may also cause this problem. These cars had mounts that were about 1 1/4 " or thicker in between the 2 metal plates that the studs stick out of.

Did you replace the motor mounts? If they are old and crushed down, this may also cause this problem. These cars had mounts that were about 1 1/4 " or thicker in between the 2 metal plates that the studs stick out of.

I was able to shim the motor mounts to get the clearance i needed so i dont need the center linkage.

Thanks for all the replies everybody!!!!!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back