63 Dart GT Build Card

-

Soren

Reaction score
I sent away for the build card for the '63 Dart from Chrysler (FCA North America - Historical Services - Build Records). I just got this back in the mail the other day. The actual build card is very very very vary hard to read, but, luckily they also included a letter with it.

Dart-Build-Card-Page-2.jpg

Dart-Build-Card-Page-1.jpg

Out of curiosity to find out how many people have owned my Dart before me, I have also ordered the title history from the State of Oregon DMV. Not sure how long that is going to take to get it back.

I think that it's not so much as it's a high performance 225 as it is the 225 instead the 170 which was the standard motor.

That is awesome. How long did it take to get it back.

unless it was a hyper pak, I never associated the 225 slant with high performance. Don't get me wrong, I've had many 225 slant six 4spd cars and liked all of them; plenty durable, fun, but not really high performance.

unless it was a hyper pak, I never associated the 225 slant with high performance. Don't get me wrong, I've had many 225 slant six 4spd cars and liked all of them; plenty durable, fun, but not really high performance.
Like I said, it probably says High Performance 225 because it is not the 170 Slant Six. In '63 you only had the choice of the two engines in the Darts. So, the 225 was the high performance motor for the Darts and Valiants for the 1963 model year. Kind of like in the modern Darts, the 2.4l is the high performance motor over the 1.4l. You're not going to smoke the tires, but it's no slouch either.

Thanks for sharing the link, and results. I may do the same with my 63 Dart. I got it out of Calli with no real info.

I think that it's not so much as it's a high performance 225 as it is the 225 instead the 170 which was the standard motor.

That is correct. It's nothing to do with the Hyper-Pak kit, which was never factory installed, only available over the parts counter, therefore never shows up on build records.

Is there a way to decode options from a 1963 fender tag? Seems like -65 and up there is a lot of information on the web but not so with 63-64 models...

Dude.

Just a FYI, but you blocked your VIN out of the letter text but not on the IBM card. ;-)

I can understand blacking out names if one wants, and definitely addresses. I do not understand the urge to black out whole or partial VINs, and I sure as hell don't understand the urge to blur out license plate numbers in photos.

Is there a way to decode options from a 1963 fender tag? Seems like -65 and up there is a lot of information on the web but not so with 63-64 models...
I haven't been able to find any. It was one of the reasons I decided to order the build card. Someone told me that there isn't much info out there because each factory had their own codes. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what I was told.

-
Back