-
Status
Not open for further replies.

d3406pak

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
hi all, i have a 63 dart gt for sale. it is completely disassembled,( the way i got it,) is a rolling shell, only thing not removed is glass, wheels and tires. it has some rust, lower quarters and lower fenders, some in floors, trunk and frame are excellent, had a lot of surface rust but i sanded to bare metal. the slant six has been rebuilt, and is partially assembled, new pistons, crank, timing chain, cam, bearings. has been sitting for a while and will need to be finished, head has not been done. i purchased the car from a friend that lost his job, and have done nothing but sand the rust off the car and started some body work where he left off. car is all original and have all most all parts to put it back together, would make a good father, son project! i wanted to put a v8 in it but found out that in 63 they only put slant sixes in the gts and firewall and trans tunnel wont acommadate a v8 with out cutting it up and modifying it. i dont want to ruin the car to do that. i am asking $1000, you would need a truck and trailer to pick up the car and parts. also do not want to part car out unless i have to. i will try and get pics up as soon as poss. i can be reached at 316-323-4126 and live in El Dorado, ks. also by email, [email protected], may also consider trade for v8 car. thanks!

I put a 273 with a 904 in my 63 dart without modifying the floorboards.
granted it was a bit tight, but they put V8s in the 64 dart, I don't think they changed anything from 63 but the grill.

I have a 63 dart with a 318/904 combo and I didn't have to cut it up to fit. just aftermarket engine mounts. I've also had a 360 in there too. I did have to "make" a little clearance for the distributor.

thanks for the info! may think twice on the sale now! i had read the motor installation info on a dart site, should have known better!

I put a 273 with a 904 in my 63 dart without modifying the floorboards.
granted it was a bit tight, but they put V8s in the 64 dart, I don't think they changed anything from 63 but the grill.
according to the site info, they changed the firewall and trans tunnel in 64 to fit the v8, as in 63, the new body style change from the 62 darts went from full size to compact and they did it in a hurry and only put slant sixes in that first year, not thinking of v8s till 64 model.

I have a 63 dart with a 318/904 combo and I didn't have to cut it up to fit. just aftermarket engine mounts. I've also had a 360 in there too. I did have to "make" a little clearance for the distributor.
thanks for the info! would appreciate any info on what mounts to use and any mods you had to make, would make my job a lot easier!

Wow-- just up the road--- I'm in west Wichita--- if you want to just drop in a complete slant-- give me a pm-- I have a spare with tranny--- I'm working on a 69dart-- & just want if back together--.
Your pictures seem small-- maybe a larger photo would give members the details needed to sell. anyhow welcome & good luck with your project...
Lawrence

If you are still willing to sell the car, I'm interested, just need to work out some details.

Wow-- just up the road--- I'm in west Wichita--- if you want to just drop in a complete slant-- give me a pm-- I have a spare with tranny--- I'm working on a 69dart-- & just want if back together--.
Your pictures seem small-- maybe a larger photo would give members the details needed to sell. anyhow welcome & good luck with your project...
Lawrence
kool, someone close to home! probly will sell the slant 6, want to drop a 340 in it, i sold my 70 swinger 10 years ago, had a 70 ta challenger 340 6pak 4spd, 355 rear for 2500 and have been kickn myself every since. also had a 68 barracuda fast back, and another 70 dart 318 car i sold to my brother. i have found another 68 cuda fast back, 69 rr, 65 cuda all within 30 min of here, have to go back and see if they are for sale. i love the 67-72 dart body styles, and i have a buddy in ny that is original owner of a 72 demon 340 4spd, that we did a resto on before i came out here 6 yrs ago. his son just finished a 76 volare rr also.

car back up for sale due to medical bills! same price and info on page 12 location el dorado, kansas thanks! please contact by pm and phone number has changed also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back