63 DART V8 WIRING

-
Wiring doesn't change between a slant 6 (NOT a V6) and V8, except for the length of some of the leads- the "schematic" of it remains the same. Just extend/reroute some of the wires.
This assumes you will run points, and the factory mechanical VR and alternator. If you're upgrading to electronic or other aftermarket ignition; or higher output alternator and electronic voltage regulator, the same mods would apply as for any other car.
But as for the difference between 6 and 8, basically nada.

probably will just extend wires and make additional changes for one wire distributor and alt.Just like you saidThanks for inpute thought maybe somebody made a harness .

The biggest issue with your swap is that the firewall/wiper mounting area in the engine bay was not designed to clear a V8, and will require a bit of reworking/mods to the wiper motor mounts for the 360 to fit. There's a few threads on this- do a search and you'll find out the particulars on this and a few other issues like the throttle cable and centerlink...
Here's one to get you started:
'63 DART V8 | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

Going from a slant 6 to a small block, I just rewrap the harness to put the connectors in the correct area. The coil and oil sender wires are actually longer on a slant 6 harness than a V8. The rest of them are about the same. Same connectors and color code too.

Wiring doesn't change between a slant 6 (NOT a V6) and V8, except for the length of some of the leads- the "schematic" of it remains the same. Just extend/reroute some of the wires.
This assumes you will run points, and the factory mechanical VR and alternator. If you're upgrading to electronic or other aftermarket ignition; or higher output alternator and electronic voltage regulator, the same mods would apply as for any other car.
But as for the difference between 6 and 8, basically nada.

That's what I did when I swapped my 67 Barracuda's slant six for a 360. Can't even remember anymore which wires, or whether I lengthened or shortened them (am thinking shortened), but the wiring was pretty much one of the simplest issues I had to deal with.

The wires all go to the same places. might have to lengthen some.....

I highly suggest getting you a factory service manual. it has the proper wiring diagram.

I’ll bet you won’t have to do anything. Bought a 65 V8 harness and it just worked on the 63 /6

-
Back