63 Dodge Dart, now let me see;)

-
looks like you like green , lol . we put a 225 with a cam and offy intake from a 68 cj into a toyota 4x4 with a th350 . ran great . later a 231 but it wasn't that 225 . should have done a 4.3 .

Finally got my bell housing from ebay~ now to get some hoses, etc, the flywheel beneath the engine is for a sbf.

mopar-engine-stand.jpg

Last edited:
Well heck, I went ahead and pulled the intake to clean it up, blasted, washed, blown, painted, then clear coated.

dart_intake_manifoldb.jpg

dart_intake_manifolda.jpg

posted for future reference;)

Those are nice, but I'm a long way from wanting/needing headers~ I appreciate you thinking about me;)

Hi, I went to do a leak down test on my newest 318 (block casting 4006730-318-12) (1976-1979 LA) from the '76 Valiant, #8 cylinder at TDC leaks badly from the intake. I've tried tapping it to seat it, but didn't do anything. Every cylinder there is air leakage from the oil pan/cam. It's faint, but the engine hasn't been ran for some time I'd say. The intake, exhaust manifolds are off to it's a unique diagnosis. I thought maybe this engine was going to be ok, but I guess not.
mopar-heads.jpg

This is the head and following pics from the '73 Challenger, 318 (2536030 318-8)casting) (1967-75 LA) , well exhaust ports. it's a nasty engine.
mopar-headsa.jpg

73-mopar-enginea.jpg

318-timing-geara.jpg

Looks like one of these engines will be sent to the machine shop, just would like a little advice, but no comments on my poor choices ~ lol
dne'

Thank you, I'd be picking one or the other to have overhauled. I'm thinking the one out of the '73 Challenger might be the better choice due to less smog? and would like not to have the funny heads from the '76, or does that make a bit of difference?

min of rings , bearings , hand lapped valves , that's the least i do when transplanting .

Looking at the cam gear the timing chain may have jumped and the result could be some bent valves .
If that is the case you might consider a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads .

Here is a picture of the 64-66 under dash , firewall and wiper motor bracket .

66 under dash:firewall.jpg

Hey Glen. Are you home yet! From your pic, I think I could make that bracket, that’s a good pic;) right now we’re in Philly, we’ll be back Tuesday. I’m probably going to take a break from the engine and get started on the main body, having it blasted. Can’t wait to get home;)

Yep we’re home now. No trips planned until May at this time.

Now I’ll have time to get back to my Dart project I want it done by March and I have been told that the bench and counter in the Airstream have to be done by end of April .

Hey Glen!~ The same to you and EVERYBODY HERE;) Still have a boatload of kenfolk here, and for the next week. I'll never get to work on my dart:(

Last edited:
Posted tonight "Good Bye Donor Car" in the Members restoration thread .
it's loaded in the trailer ready to go to the scraper tomorrow .
I posted a request to cut out the center of the firewall for you . Good luck act now .

IMG_9564.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg

Ho Ho Ho
We were out spreading good cheer and smiles around town in our ChevroSlay the other day .
Merry Christmas one and all :)

IMG_6836.jpeg

I know it's not much, but I did put my rear backing plates together. Now they're wrapped neatly and on a shelf;)
dne'

63_dart_backing_plateb.jpg

mopar_rear_brakesb.jpg

mopar_rear_brakesa.jpg

WOW!! You can polish a turd! Looks awesome, great work! (Something tells me there was a sand blaster involved.)

-
Back