63 Plymouth Valiant (225)

-

mark cantrell

Reaction score
Can someone please direct me to LED headlights that will work in my car ?
63 Plymouth Valiant 225

48E0379B-0F11-4998-8652-D004DB7C7E34.jpeg

I highly recommend you rethink LED headlights. There's a LOT of total CRAP on the market. Actual GOOD LED headlights that really put light on the road where you need it and don't blind the CRAP out of incoming traffic are very expensive. If they are not at or over $200 EACH, rest assured, they are likely junk. What I recommend is what I did to my 64 Valiant. I got the above mentioned @crackedback wiring harness, which puts 100% alternator voltage to the head lights and got some Cibie E code H4 headlamps and some GOOD Osram H4 halogen bulbs. @slantsixdan is a lighting engineer by trade and he may also chime in as well with some sound advice.

Last edited:
There's a LOT of total CRAP on the market. Actual GOOD LED headlights that really put light on the road where you need it and don't blind the CRAP out of incoming traffic are very expensive. If they are not at or over $200 EACH, rest assured, they are likely junk.

All of that is true and correct. Even spending money doesn't guarantee a good headlamp, though, the "Holley RetroBright" LED headlamps claiming to provide modern performance with old-time looks are a pathetic, expensive joke (Holley by brand only, actually made—poorly—in China by a 3rd party).

got some Cibie E code H4 headlamps and some GOOD Osram H4 halogen bulbs.

The Cibie lamps are no longer made, and the "reproductions" (knockoffs) are garbage. Koitos are where it's at now for primo replaceable-bulb halogens in sealed-beam sizes.

All of that is true and correct. Even spending money doesn't guarantee a good headlamp, though, the "Holley RetroBright" LED headlamps claiming to provide modern performance with old-time looks are a pathetic, expensive joke (Holley by brand only, actually made—poorly—in China by a 3rd party).

The Cibie lamps are no longer made, and the "reproductions" (knockoffs) are garbage. Koitos are where it's at now for primo replaceable-bulb halogens in sealed-beam sizes.
Yup, I found mine NOS. I hate that I could not afford them from you at the time, that's just how our budget is. Not that you're expensive, but our budget is that limited. Koitos, huh? I'll have to scope um out.

Yes, I see the Koitos. Do you happen to sell those?

I was waiting to here from you, Dan, on the Holley Retrobrite lights. It seemed like an interesting idea, but I was worried they'd do the same thing as their LS sheet metal intakes or Sniper line - random Chinese parts that they've just private labeled.

Looks like they did exactly that.

-
Back