Status
Not open for further replies.

MDchanic

Connoisseur d'Junque
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for the divorced choke bimetallic spring assembly for a '64 Dart with 225 (or just the spring).

My spring appears to have a tiny bit of the end broken off, and can push the choke butterfly closed, but not pull it open.

NOS units are disgustingly expensive, and I don't need a new one anyway – just one that works.

I'm sure one of you guys who converted to electric choke has one lying around!

Thanks,

– Eric

that is a 273 2 bl choke.
You are absolutely correct. Belay that.

The number I'm looking for is 2402526.

Here are the correct photos — Looks almost the same...

MoPar 2402526 a.jpeg

MoPar 2402526 b.jpeg

MoPar 2402526 c.jpeg

Thank you for the correction!

[incorrect photo deleted]

– Eric

You didn't take it apart like I did, did you?

If not, SOLD, so long as it works and shipping is fair.

(In person, I'd dicker, but that doesn't translate well on line).

Thanks!

– Eric

You didn't take it apart like I did, did you?

If not, SOLD, so long as it works and shipping is fair.

(In person, I'd dicker, but that doesn't translate well on line).

Thanks!

– Eric
No I didn't take it apart. Shipping USPS would be $5.00.

I'll take it. PM me with details.

I've discovered elsewhere that mine isn't physically broken, but I'd feel better with one I hadn't wrecked the adjustment on, to have for comparison.

Thanks,

– Eric

Keep in mind that there are two different ones. One for the Carter BBS, and the other for the Holley 1920. Also, that spring doesn't "grab" the adjustment rod and won't pull the choke open. The choke pull-off diaphragm on the carb does that to a point. The bi-metal spring just pushes against the adjustment rod to close the choke. The expansion of the bi-metal spring in the choke stretches as it heats allowing the choke to completely open by the weight (AKA fast idle cam) attached to the choke linkage. There are also two adjustments that can be made for cold running (choke on) performance. One is the tension on the bi-metal spring. The other is by physically bending the rod from the bi-metal spring to the choke flap. Both adjustments are critical for smooth operation when the engine is cold to warming up. Once fully warm, the choke flap should be wide open and not affecting how the engine runs. Depending on where you live/drive (as in altitude and temperature conditions) those adjustments may take some trial and error to get it just right. Start by using the factory service manual to make those settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back