64-65 Barracuda roof rail weatherstrip ??

-

grimreaper

Cross Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help an old fella's memory. Several years ago I replaced some roof rail weatherstrip on a 64 Barracuda and the replacement did not have the hard front tips. Shortly after I installed those I found someone who made reproductions that had the metal moulded into the tips and thought I would remember who sold those. Well, I can' t remember and my internet searches have been in vain. Anyone have a source for the roof rail weatherstrip with metal moulded into the front tips. Thanks!

shoot a pic, I cant picture what you are looking for.

In the front tip where it is screwed into the curve there is a metal piece in the original that holds the curve and keeps it fit tightly into the corner.

Attachments

• DSC03032.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 118
I just got some from Steel, which I consider a superior brand, and they didn't have the metal in the tips. Maybe Layson's?

No, the ones from Layson's just have the rubber. I think the ones with the metal were from somewhere in Florida but I just can't remember who they were.

I just installed a set from Metro and it had the steel tips . It fit just like the original that I took off. Looks good and the windows fit up to it well.

-
Back