64-66 Barracuda Rear Defroster

-
I have one in the barn I pulled from a 66 Imperial years ago. I wonder if it would fit my Barracuda.

Don't know about one from an imperial, but I know the unit from a 65 new yorker is identical to the one in the picture and fits in a 65 valiant without any problems. Actually there is one problem, it leaves you with only one rear speaker so do you want defrost or good sound quality?

never seen one heard of one or would even care about one! Drive mine in nice weather only and when had my 66 cuda draged raced it, drove it to the track never had issues with rear window needing defrosting! Why waste your time and energy on such a silly thing! Cannot be original equipment either as my current 65 formula s has everything in it they came with! Ralley steering wheel, rpm guage, just not ac but who would want to be slowed down by that? JMO.....

65Cudalover
I don't think it's a silly thing. My 65 Dart is my daily driver (except when the snow hits) and early in the morning when I'm driving to work and it's cold or raining my back window would fog up. My car had the FACTORY cut outs, two for speakers an the middle one for for the rear window unit so I bought one from "65dartcharger"(thanks again!) and installed it in the stock location and it works great!!!

Wow! It would take some blower to defrost a barracuda back window....Like a hurricane!

very rare most got broke by kids playing back there just wrapps around bottom of window

-
Back