64 Barracuda Clutch problems

-

Redleg307

Reaction score
Hello all, (if this belongs somewhere else - please let me know). I have a clutch pedal that goes all the way to the floor and event though the transmission shift (albeit a bit tough) I have to pull it back up to go into position. I'm not much good with clutch issues so was wondering if anyone had and ideas where to start the process checking it out.

vr
Mike
64 Barracuda, 4 Speed, 273, 4bbl

Sounds like a combination of things. First I would check your Z-bar bushings and linkages. There is an assist spring that will hold the pedal on the floor once you are over center on the linkage if you don't have enough adjustment / length in your lower linkages. Maybe take some picks. If your pivot balls don't appear to be centered in your Z-bar your bushings and probably the pivot balls need replacing.

Mguner,

Thanks for the tips. I will check it out and post some picks. I appreciate the help.

vr
Mike

I had the same problem and it was a cracked z bar. It was hard to see since it was on the back and would go back to its original shape when the pedal went back to the up position. Welded it up and all was well. Let us know what you find and good luck.

If everything else is good and it sat a long time the release bearing could be sticking on the transmission.

-
Back