64 Barracuda lower rocker trim

-

35steveq

Reaction score
Looking for advice on installing lower chrome. I purchased a set of new clips for a 67 GTX, researched that these were correct from a few sources. Does anyone have any insight on installation of this chrome using new clips? I cant seem to figure them out, does the pellet get installed all the way into clip, then slide in molding, and then press on body?? I'm destroying these new clips everytime I try a new method..

20210223_212037.jpg

20210223_212044.jpg

20210223_212050.jpg

I have never used these ones specifically but numerous that look to be the same style. Normally you install the clip onto the car then fully install the center pin to "lock" the tabs open into the hole so the clips do not fall off, then "snap" the trim onto the clips.

Someone else may be able to confirm whether or not I am correct on this method. I know it's correct for the thinner trim clips on the lower of my 63 Dart 170.

I have never used these ones specifically but numerous that look to be the same style. Normally you install the clip onto the car then fully install the center pin to "lock" the tabs open into the hole so the clips do not fall off, then "snap" the trim onto the clips.

Someone else may be able to confirm whether or not I am correct on this method. I know it's correct for the thinner trim clips on the lower of my 63 Dart 170.
Yes , you put the clips on first theh catch the top and push the bottom in .

I bought those clips for the B bodies also. I had to sand them down slightly to get the moldings to clip on. Installation of the clips onto the body is as described by the previous posters. 65'

Thanks for all the help, yes a little sanding and install on body first yielded great results!

20210225_193755.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back