64 Barracuda pace car?

-
I live about 5 country blocks from a short asphalt track (really short).

Friday nights are quite buzzy with 4 cyl, straight exhaust sounds if you step outside my house.

If they could hit 140 with a 273 that’s impressive.
I would’ve thought on a high-bank oval the pace speed would be over 100.
I drove my 69' 340 Dart Swinger (stock) on the Daytona Speedway about 25 years ago (actually twice). It was perk, being in the car show. Had to go around 40-45 MPH or felt like I was going to slip down. Walking on the banks was a chore. To be a 100 MPH, the banks must be steeper now.

Why did they use a white car? MOPAR had some cooler colors in '64 than white. I hate white. My '65 was originally white. My wife wouldn't ride in it until I had it painted another color.

A Commando 273 could hit 140 mph with 3.23 gears in a 64 or 65 Barracuda. You were allowed to hop up the motor to make speed. I don't think 45 mph was required speed in the 60's.
I have had mine on the north side of 110. It really didn't take too long to get there. It pulls pretty steady up to 100.

Why did they use a white car? MOPAR had some cooler colors in '64 than white. I hate white. My '65 was originally white. My wife wouldn't ride in it until I had it painted another color.
Easier to see? I see a lot of white ones from the late 50's to the late 70's.

Didn't want to start another thread so thought I'd drop this in here

So if you have $1.3M kicking around

Screenshot_20220819-064520_eBay.jpg

-
Back