64 Barracuda part's car, WIW?

-

Dodge33

Reaction score
Hey guy's, We just went and looked at a 64 Barracuda, the car is originally from Cali. but the guy has let it set outside for a number of year's, here in Mich. The car exterior of this car is rough, and so is the interior. The car is a factory 273 the V-8 emblem's are still on the front fenders. It is a stick shift car, he say's 4-speed, but we think they may have also put 3-speed's in them also. We cannot get the hood up, so alot of the important stuff like inner fender tag, vavle cover's, and we need to ID the motor, radiator, and so on. We think all four hubcap's were there, he think's the car also has P/S too. All glass appear's to be good except the windshield. The dash seem's all complete. The floor board's are rotton too, also a bucket seat car. He say's he has a good title, and he can't find the key's, but say's he has the them. Just looking for idea's on what you think it's maybe worth? We know alot of guy's are going to say this thread is worthless without pic's, but have difficulty when trying to do so. Appreciate your time in reading this and any input is welcome.

For what it's worth and I hope this helps... Jake paid $400 for his 65 - 273/auto bucket seat car, needed floors, 1/4's, had a big hole cut in the dash for aftermarket radio, and of course a total re-do of everything....but it was complete and all the trim was there except emblems..... Shoulda been a parts car but we are saving it.

Attachments

• Jakes cuda 7232011.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 215
just like you said .... without pics .... it is difficult to evaluate it.... it is only going to depend on the condition of the parts..............i mean it could be anywhere from $200 bucks to 2,000....

Hey Jeff and Jerry, this thre...oops, I mean, heres my opinion....

When i go to look at an early Barracuda, I look at the condition of the items like the rear window trim, the drivers side fresh air box under the dash (for a good unbroken door hinge), the bucket seat tracks, the rear window plastic trim on the inside, the A-pillar trim, the dash pad, things that add up to a decent return. Being a V8 car, it will yield the V8 center link and V8 gas pedal, all of the 4 speed linkage and shifting mechanism (there were no 3 speeds in early A's that I know of), a correct round top V8 radiator, and if you're extremely luck, the 2 piece metal fan shroud.

If all of this checks out in decent condition, I could see paying $500.00 or maybe a little more. Things that could really add to my interest would be the fan shroud, a woodgrain sport steering wheel, nice black dash pad and nice rear window trim and decent grille. If it has any of this stuff and in good condition, I could see going a little more!! JMO, and of cours pics would help, but I hope I helped a little!! Me being an early A guy, I would probably put a hard press on it to buy it!! Good luck with the purchase, Geof

It is really easy to over pay for one of these cars and don't count on the rear window paying for the car they aren't worth anything (when someone says to me the back window is worth $500 I say I will sell them as many as they want for $250... this is usually followed by silence).

What you are looking for are parts that are in good usable condition. For example exterior trim is worth something if its NOT pitted. Interior stuff needs to be "usable", things like the arm rest pads and other soft trim can add up if its not hard or cracked. None of these are worth a fortune but at $15, $20 & $30 they do add up.

I think 3 speed manuals did come with a 273 that year so make sure it really is a 4 speed. The 4 speed has a sheet metal hump and it should have a Hurst shifter too - both worth $75 to $150.

Overall I would not want to pay more than $400 right now. Its a lot of effort and time taking these apart, selling and shipping this stuff. Nice fenders and quarter panels are great but youe some big boxes to ship them or you'll need to take them to a big swap meet like the Nationals in Columbus. If you are patient there are a lot of small bits and pieces that you'll be able to sell or use yourself.

Worth nothing to me cause I don't want it.

-
Back