64 Barracuda Soon for Sale

-
Reaction score
I have owned this vehicle since 75 and has not been driven for 40+ years. Mileage <64K actual. There is some surface (superficial) rust from the car cover, some lug nuts are frozen, and no spark, yet motor turns by hand and starter works. No accidents and no body work. I need to get a rough idea of what a fair price would be before I put it up for sale. Please provide your best estimate if buyer were to picked it up from its current location in Bay Area. Thanks

P1040865(1).JPG

P1040877.JPG

P1040887(1).JPG

P1040893.JPG

Just a hint lug nuts on driver side loosen turning to the right and passenger side loosen turning left.
Looks good

Fairly well optioned that I can see - front and rear bumper guards, sport woodgrained steering wheel, automatic, driver’s side mirror

I have owned this vehicle since 75 and has not been driven for 40+ years. Mileage <64K actual. There is some surface (superficial) rust from the car cover, some lug nuts are frozen, and no spark, yet motor turns by hand and starter works. No accidents and no body work. I need to get a rough idea of what a fair price would be before I put it up for sale. Please provide your best estimate if buyer were to picked it up from its current location in Bay Area. Thanks

View attachment 1715134549

View attachment 1715134550

View attachment 1715134551

View attachment 1715134552

From looking at the pictures and the description...if it has a viable engine in it...(the body looks great, good floors, interior looks good)...I believe IMHO...you could start at around $5000.00, maybe a little more. :thumbsup:

It looks pretty clean. If you can get it running well, I'd start 8-10K. As long as the floor pans are good and not a lot of rust anywhere else.

Because of the shipping cost and the fact it is not a running driving and stopping car I would say 2500 to 3 thou. They only get 4 thou and above if someone can jump in and drive it home.

I would disagree, a nice solid body all intact good chrome solid floors it’s not seized, running original I suspect a high of $5,000 to $5,500 after paint interior,tires,carpet,gas tank,brakes, and other misc you’ll have a mint first year Barracuda for around $14-15 Gs nice car show the undercarriage that will wake up the price as well

Ya know, the hardest thing about selling an early Barracuda is finding a buyer. They just don't get a lot of love. But once you find that guy (or gal) they'll buy!

From looking at the pictures and the description...if it has a viable engine in it...(the body looks great, good floors, interior looks good)...I believe IMHO...you could start at around $5000.00, maybe a little more. :thumbsup:

It looks pretty clean. If you can get it running well, I'd start 8-10K. As long as the floor pans are good and not a lot of rust anywhere else.

I would disagree, a nice solid body all intact good chrome solid floors it’s not seized, running original I suspect a high of $5,000 to $5,500 after paint interior,tires,carpet,gas tank,brakes, and other misc you’ll have a mint first year Barracuda for around $14-15 Gs nice car show the undercarriage that will wake up the price as well
I can not believe the fantasy you guys are leading him to believe on the price. He has a car that needs everything on the other side of the country with double the shipping cost because it does not run and has been on blocks for 40 years. Good luck trying to get the numbers these guys quote. I dont see any where near that ask cosgig he has sold several.

It took me two years and $2K to get one of the two I have now. Mine are both 65's. The blue one had sat since 1988, 225, auto. It needed 2 1/2 floor pans, spare tire tub and the usual other things one would need for one that had sat that long. Body had no real rust. Trailered it out to my shop at the airport, put a few dollars in it, fired her up and drove her home to my "home shop." It still needs new interior and paint. I drove it around town for several months before the "in-progress" restoration started. I've been offered some good numbers (5K-6K) as is. Not interested. The white one has a 273, 3 speed on the column. It needs one floor pan and the body has some minor rust. (West coast car) P/O and his dad, had removed the engine and started the restoration. I picked it up for $1.5K. I believe this post can be used as a fair "bench mark" for your 64.
Norm

Rally shoes.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

Ok I as a realist will go about the pricing a different way.
Carpet needs replaced
Front seat covers look to need replaced
Wheel cylinders
Master cylinder
Fuel tank
carb rebuild
complete tune up
tires
transport fees
and I will stop there because if you start to add it all up you have more in it than it is worth if paying over 3 grand.

Barrett Jackson prices are not considered actual worth as had been said here many times.

I am putting a $5,000 tag on it as is. Fair for both parties. Nice car, love the interior color. Good luck moving forward on it. Don't forget to let us know what you actually get for it!!!!

-
Back