64 barracuda ...sweet deal

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've owned 2 of these. Something's not right with this one. A cheap respray and seat covers won't hide everything. Whipped cream on a turd gentleman. Here in New England, I assure you, that roadster has hidden cancer. If that interior roof underside has rust, under that carpet holds many surprises. You can see the sprayed over rust in the fender tag shot. I'm willing to bet if you media blasted the thing you'd be left with a nice Chrysler paperweight. These early cudas rust easily and parts aren't easy to find (at least not rare correct 64 parts.) This girl would be expensive to put right and furthermore, not worth much when you're done. (sorry early cuda guys and gals, but let's be upfront. they haven't held value that well.) If you love these (as I still do) there are plenty more out there in better shape, in the same price range. My 2 cents says move on. Thanks for looking out though Scottylack. Always great to have finds shared for everyone.

I agree with you, YEAitsgotaslant6,
I smell bondo, but I am going to ask if he will sell it to me for 2k... :)

Curious if you bought the car, saw that it was taken off ebay.

The dealer is actually based in North Texas. I talked to him and it was supposedly a Texas car with no rust, except in the spare tire well. Something about a dealer selling a car with a trashed int and rattle can flat black just didn't sit well with me.

Curious if you bought the car, saw that it was taken off ebay.

The dealer is actually based in North Texas. I talked to him and it was supposedly a Texas car with no rust, except in the spare tire well. Something about a dealer selling a car with a trashed int and rattle can flat black just didn't sit well with me.

Maikell77,
This car probably SOLD!!!
I know what you mean, sometimes dealers think if they patch the metal and paint on primer, the car is a rust free deal waiting for that sucker. There is always that buyer though, that is just wanting to ride in a cool car and doesn't care about it rusting from the inside out. He will think, that's the other guys problem when I am through with it. Honesty travels a long way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back