64 barracuda

-

Garry

Reaction score
Is anyone making the rubber piece between the big back window and the chrome trim center medallion (blue & red triangles). Mine is really sun beat. Also, while pulling the material off the pass front bucket I noticed two "s" shaped metal hooks about 2 inches long laying on the floor . I was more careful on the driver side but it did not have them. Anyone know where they go? Can't seem to figure this one out.:banghead: will post picture if no one knows.

Hey Garry, I don't believe that anyone is repopping the rubber bumper for the center medallion, and may not unless there is an outcry from us early A owners. Of course Laysons would be the only ones who may even consider it.

As for the S hook, it is used to tension the wire that runs between the seat adjuster lever on the corresponding seat to the inner track. The wire is used to pull the inner slide lever at the same time as the outer. There should be an eyelet at the front of the seat frame that the S hook hooks to and then the wire is run through the other side of the S. You adjust the tension by screwing the eyelet in or out depending on whether the tension needs to be less or more. You accomplish this by activating the lever... if the outer seat track unlocks and slides before the inner unlocks, the eyelet needs to be screwed in to the frame more to put more tension on the wire, and vise versa if the inner slide engages before the outer. Make sence?? Hope this helps!!! Merry Christmas!! Geof

Hey Garry, I don't believe that anyone is repopping the rubber bumper for the center medallion, and may not unless there is an outcry from us early A owners. Of course Laysons would be the only ones who may even consider it.

As for the S hook, it is used to tension the wire that runs between the seat adjuster lever on the corresponding seat to the inner track. The wire is used to pull the inner slide lever at the same time as the outer. There should be an eyelet at the front of the seat frame that the S hook hooks to and then the wire is run through the other side of the S. You adjust the tension by screwing the eyelet in or out depending on whether the tension needs to be less or more. You accomplish this by activating the lever... if the outer seat track unlocks and slides before the inner unlocks, the eyelet needs to be screwed in to the frame more to put more tension on the wire, and vise versa if the inner slide engages before the outer. Make sence?? Hope this helps!!! Merry Christmas!! Geof
Not entirely true. I have a couple of reproduction rubber center pieces for the back window moulding that I got from a guy I know that makes such things. I haven't contacted him in quite a while but I can check to see if he still will make them. Just let me know. These replacements were made from a material more like the window gasket... not like the sponge like material of the original so if you need a 100% original type, keep on looking. I'll see if I can find one of mine and post a photo.

Hey thanks cudamark, I would like one, I am all original but when it comes to better material that looks original I am all about it re stainless exhaust, brake and tranny lines.

Thanks cudamark, I am interested, I am all original but when it comes to better material that is made to look original I am all about it.

Hey cosgig I think you misunderstood my seat issue. Everyone listen up ,.. I figured out what these are. They are a spring like piece that fits down in the female end of the front bucket bottom ( passenger side only) this is where the back of the seat slides down into the bottom and creates the hinge. If you look under the seat there are two small bolts that can be turned in or out to adjust the tension on the spring pieces. This is to keep the back firm, (no vibrating, or flopping around). Not needed on driver side because one is always sitting in the seat. I will try to post pictures under "64 barracuda"

Yes Garry, I misunderstood what you were referring to about the S hook. After looking at your other thread I see the S spring and I am not familiar with them. I do have a 64 Cuda parts car I just got today and it has buckets so I'll check them when I get them out and see what they're function is. I'll check your theory as described above, but I think you have something there!!! geof

cudamake post a pic up lets see this thing lol really he mite could make a killing on here lol or u coud lol

I got to find it first! Might be the weekend before I have time to go through all my stuff in the garage or storage building.

Is anyone making the rubber piece between the big back window and the chrome trim center medallion (blue & red triangles). Mine is really sun beat. Also, while pulling the material off the pass front bucket I noticed two "s" shaped metal hooks about 2 inches long laying on the floor . I was more careful on the driver side but it did not have them. Anyone know where they go? Can't seem to figure this one out.:banghead: will post picture if no one knows.
.....................................................................................................
Here's one of the rubber gaskets I had made for me about 10 years ago. I'll try to get in touch with the guy who made them but he moved out of town and I haven't talked with him in a while.
Thanks, Mark

Attachments

• 100_0883.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 247
Mark, I would certainly be interested in contact information if you can find it. Thanks!

laysons reproductions makes that rubber piece,,i bought one when i bought my repop window trim,,it is not listed on the same page as the trim pieces are,,but it should be,,,

I used some black silicone caulking and smoothed over the old cracked rubber piece with it. Spit works great to smooth out the silicone. I did mine about 12 years ago and it still looks great.

laysons reproductions makes that rubber piece,,i bought one when i bought my repop window trim,,it is not listed on the same page as the trim pieces are,,but it should be,,,
How much did Layson's charge for it? Maybe Rick will pipe up here.....
Sorry about the photo color....makes it look gold under that particular light! No, really, it's black....honest!

How much did Layson's charge for it? Maybe Rick will pipe up here.....
Sorry about the photo color....makes it look gold under that particular light! No, really, it's black....honest!

i think it was 12 bucks for the rubber piece,,,if u call them ask if they have it in stock to ship before u send money.. i havent seen or heard from rick keesler in a long time,,, if he is still there i have some thing i wanna order,,,

yea Mark I'll take that info too . if you find it. I don't know about Laysons Years ago they told me they were making new tail light trim, so I waited 2 yrs then they called me out of the blue and wanted to know if I still wanted them. so I sent the $ Oh I think it was 6 or 7 hundred. They told me real steel not pot metal & they were right -beautiful, till I put them on-- fit like putting a marsh mellow in a piggy bank! When I called they kinda acted like they knew there was an issue, the top finger that connects to the trim was not the right angle & big gap around the lower round part.

I've tried to contact the guy but the number is disconnected and no forwarding number. I'm still trying to find him through a mutual friend, but so far, no good. I'll keep you posted if there is anything new.

i think it was 12 bucks for the rubber piece,,,if u call them ask if they have it in stock to ship before u send money.. i havent seen or heard from rick keesler in a long time,,, if he is still there i have some thing i wanna order,,,

Same here.....got mine from Layson's back in 2005 for $12. and like he said, check stock on every order!

I did call the other day and laysons had them 12 bucks & 8 to ship. I went ahead and ordered one.

I don't know about Laysons Years ago they told me they were making new tail light trim, so I waited 2 yrs then they called me out of the blue and wanted to know if I still wanted them. so I sent the $ Oh I think it was 6 or 7 hundred. They told me real steel not pot metal & they were right -beautiful, till I put them on-- fit like putting a marsh mellow in a piggy bank! When I called they kinda acted like they knew there was an issue, the top finger that connects to the trim was not the right angle & big gap around the lower round part.

Same exact thing happened to me. I think it took them close to 3 months to finally refund my money. They said they had to "investigate." I asked what was to investigate...I tried 3 sets of originals that all fit perfectly and theirs didn't...end of story. I finally got ahold of Rick, and that's when I got the refund a couple days later.

Hey 64 physhy, Do you think if I talk to this Rick he would give me any sort of refund, after all I did keep the tail light assemblies and have had them for probably 2 yrs now. Maby if someone is not real particular and I state the issue I could sell them on ebay, and get something out of them. I should have returned them right away. any thoughts?

Hey 64 physhy, Do you think if I talk to this Rick he would give me any sort of refund, after all I did keep the tail light assemblies and have had them for probably 2 yrs now. Maby if someone is not real particular and I state the issue I could sell them on ebay, and get something out of them. I should have returned them right away. any thoughts?

i never knew they ever repopped any tail lite housings i waited for several years never heard a word,, so i took my best pair and had them rechromed by pauls chrome,,and then installed my n.o.s. lenses i had in boxes for almost 25 years,,lol then i had custom leds boards made for the tail lites,,,is rick even still at laysons??? i havent seen any thing from him in a long time,,

I really doubt you could get a refund on them now after this long. Maybe you could try bending them into shape. If they are the same type of metal that they use on their repro emblems, then it's really soft and bends easily. I didn't want to try it on them after spending that kind of money, I thought they should have been perfect.

-
Back