64 Chrysler Imperial - useful parts?

-

blasphemous

Reaction score
I've got a 73 Scamp (original /6 car) that I'm putting a 440 into. The 440 I have is from a 76-78 motorhome (ext. balanced). I know where a 64 Chrysler Imperial is at that's in good running/driving condition... but not road worthy. Is there anything you all can tell me about the drivetrain from that car and how/if I can use it in my Scamp.
- The owner says it has a 413 in it, will my 440 parts fit that 413?
- It should have a 727 behind it, right?
- Is the rear axle any good in those cars?

If the 413 runs good I would use the 413.The lower HP 413 is 340HP.A 1976 440 Is around 230HP.Almost all the parts will interchange between the two engines.While your running the 413 in the Scamp I would slowly rebuild the 440.Its easy to build up a newer 440.The 727 will bolt right up to the 413Make sure you use the right converter.
Jim

The drivetrain is still in the car. If I do get it and use it, I plan on pulling it as a unit and dropping it in the same way. I'm not going to do any major mods to the 413; just intake, carb and headers. Will my Schumacher motor mount adapters fit the 413 just the same as the 440?

make sure the oil pan is correct for A Body before dropping in

I would check the MH exhaust, the 72 MH we had with 413 had different heads and needed special exhaust manifolds, not sure on the newer 440 if it had regular are industrial heads

The drivetrain is still in the car. If I do get it and use it, I plan on pulling it as a unit and dropping it in the same way.

Keep in mind that the transmission (although is a 727) is also a pushbutton (which might not be too hateful if you could rig up the pushbuttons in the Scamp) and IIRC has the e-Brake on the end of the tailshaft. Might check out the Online Imperial Club (http://www.imperialclub.com) for more info on the drivetrain/rear end in that model. Hope this helps.

-
Back