64 D200 Push V8 ...318???

-

64dart170

Reaction score
Hey guys got a line on a barn find.
64 D-200 Pick up. Drivers floorboard gone rails good bed great glass good, drives good.

question?

It has a 318 in it! Is that original for that year pick up?
Will be going over tomarrow to look at it.
Please Advise. Might be able to get it for 1500.8)

IF it has a 318 in it, it would be a Poly series engine.
If it is the normally seen "LA" 318, it was transplanted in there and IMO, a better choice to have. Theres a weight savings and a little easier on parts at a local store or Hot Rod shop.

IF it has a 318 in it, it would be a Poly series engine.
If it is the normally seen "LA" 318, it was transplanted in there and IMO, a better choice to have. Theres a weight savings and a little easier on parts at a local store or Hot Rod shop.

The one that's in there is the aqua color motor. Didn't know that color for that year but that doesn't mean anything. It's in running driving condition. Would need work on drivers floor, just sheet metal there now. Rest of truck OK & solid. Tailgate Mangled and laying in bed. No holes in bed. Push button Auto (I assume is 904?) Luggage rack on top of cab! All trim there, body straight, grill front bump ok!
Asking $1650.00! I think it would be great in the driveway with the Darts and I could use it for trailers instead of BOF! 4 Round headlights!! Good clean title in hand!

That is the Poly engine.... If this is the first Sweptline you have come across you may want to hold your horses... There are some really nice ones out there for just a little more money..... I love these trucks but me and just a few others so they don't bring much money..... JMHO...

Go check out Sweptline.org ... I like the CSS trucks with the bucket seats...:cheers:

The only thing I can tell you for sure about that engine: it's not a slant 6. But hey, it might still be OK. :toothy10:

Looks like a cool rig.

-
Back