64 Dart GT 4 Speed Manual--Oil Pressure Sensor?

-

Rhetor

Reaction score
Have the 4 speed manual . . . leaking around the oil pressure sensor . . . any idea on where to get a new one?

Not sure if you mean the reverse switch on the trans or oil pressure sensor on the rear of the engine but either should be a parts store item.

Not sure if you mean the reverse switch on the trans or oil pressure sensor on the rear of the engine but either should be a parts store item.

It is a little plastic screw in plug with a couple of electrical wires into it into the housing of the manual transmission and it is leaking fluid significantly

It is a little plastic screw in plug with a couple of electrical wires into it into the housing of the manual transmission and it is leaking fluid significantly

That's the reverse light switch & it's a cheap auto parts store item. If they don't have a listing for a 64 just use a later year, say 1970, it's the same part. It seals with a gasket.

That's the reverse light switch & it's a cheap auto parts store item. If they don't have a listing for a 64 just use a later year, say 1970, it's the same part. It seals with a gasket.

Awesome! I will get one tomorrow!

Did you try taking it out, cleaning the threads, wrapping it in teflon tape and screwing it back in?

No . . . thought I would just get a new one since I hope to drive it a lot this summer. Not restoring it, just making it safe to drive and getting it running well. It is one of only two leak on the whole car; the only other is the rubber grommet between the gas tank and fuel filler tube.

Good luck with these repro`s. I bought several. They were just a tince shorter, and would not activate the lights. So I preferred having backup lights over a little lube and staydry pile on my floor. They leak out around the electrical terminals. I tryed sealing with good sealant, did`nt work. tryed proping open ball, break clean and dry so sealant would cure better, did`nt work. repeat the clean, tryed a good epoxy let cure 24 hrs,Lasted a lot longer, but still did`nt work. I give up. The only other resort I can think to do is to put a spot of weld on the lever to increase travel of the repro. switches. But that would require the trans to be torn apart. Maybe some year I`ll get real bored. Maybe you`ll be more lucky than me. lol:clock:

Well worth the aprox $30 shipped, for the NOS Ebay one.

http://stores.ebay.com/AMS-Obsolete-Formerly-Mitchells

mvc-735s.jpg

-
Back