64 Dart GT body trim clips

-

ChrisW

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the plastic body trim clips? They measure about .21 wide and fit a 3/16 hole

5A7F7BFF-DC03-4A83-AFED-AF0ECAA42EB0.jpeg

I have been in the process of re-doing a 64 GT and found that those particular clips have been discontinued! Fortunately the guy doing the body work had a bag of clips in one of his work drawers that are for weatherstripping on something or other, I think Chrysler door weatherstrip retainer clips
CHRYSLER FRONT DOOR WEATHERSTRIP RETAINER
Item No: 18033

UPC Code: 821641180339

• Contact Customer Service for Authorized Auveco Distributor
  • Description : Weatherstrip Retainer
  • Type : Double Head
  • Bottom Head Diameter : 1/4 x 21/32"
  • Stem Diameter : 1/4"
  • Stem Length : 15/32"
  • Material : Nylon
  • Color : White
  • Pcs/Unit: 50
  • Catalog Page #: 440
  • Availability: In stock

These fit good, but when you put them in and try to remove the side molding, they are pretty tough to get back out. That is why we are going to use these, so that they will stay in place. Very cheap, money wise, alternative to finding original clips at over $2.50-3.50 each!

Hi Claydart. Those clips worked great. Thank you. I have another question for you. My car was redone already and they left the 2 dome lights out in the back sail panels. Do you have them in? I can see from the trunk that the socket and bulb are there. But no lens or cover. Can you take some pictures and possibly dimensions so I can cut the headliner right?
Thanks

I hope this helps. Let me know, and I will send more pics or measurements. Start with a small hole first, and work your way out from there. You will have to cut through the sail panel boards if there are not holes yet.

IMG_2368.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

IMG_2372.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

Claydart and ChrisW, I have gotten some great info from this thread. I just have one question. Where can I find some of the trim? I have a 64 Dart GT and need the side molding trim for most of the driver's side and the front fender of the passenger side. Any suggestions?

If nobody here can help, then I would try CTC Auto Ranch in Texas. they usually have a few darts for parts there. I am trying to get hold of a guy that lives the next town over from me that has a 64 GT in a parking lot rotting to pieces, and he wont return my calls! I just want at least some of the parts saved from the crusher. I have all the parts I need now, except maybe a couple of trim rings, tail-light rings, seat chrome, GT emblems, etc. If I can get to those parts, then I will post them on the classified ads thread.

-
Back