64 Dart GT vs 270 interior door emblems?

-

RonnyB

'64 270 Dartvertible
Reaction score
My car is a 270, but a previous owner installed emblems on the interior of the doors that say 'Dart GT'. These are the only things that indicate it's a GT.
Everything else, including the fender tag, show it's a 270.

Here's the question...since these Dart GT emblems are clearly fake, was there an emblem there before, or should it be blank? The GT emblems are just below the vent windows, and look so 'right' that I assume that's where Dodge placed them originally.

What should be there for a 270? Another kind of emblem, or just a plain unpainted spot? Thanks!

The best thing about my little Dart is that the learning never stops.

Hamtramck Historicals Library Dealership Databook is your best friend.....

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library-3.shtml

270.jpg

GT.jpg

I doubt the GT emblems are "fake".....they're probably just off another car. If your car is a Dart 270, those are the emblems you need for the doors.

I've noticed before that my GT door emblems have different part numbers with model next to that part number on the back side. The one plate has valiant,signet,dart 270,dartgt. The plate is universal they just attach the proper center plate for plymouth or dodge. I've never seen a plate that said Dart 270 either, but why is it stamped on the back side of these then. I'm not positive my plates are the originals and maybe later years this was offered in other models. Did your plates have the same stampings on the back side I'm refering to?? Jayson

Here's a door emblem from my 66 Dart 270. I'm missing the passenger side emblem and they're not easy to find. Been looking for awhile.........

Attachments

• Dart 66 Vert 020.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 134
Here's a door emblem from my 66 Dart 270. I'm missing the passenger side emblem and they're not easy to find. Been looking for awhile.........
.......................................................................................................
You mean one of these????? :D

Attachments

• 100_0717.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 117
Yes, just like that cudamark . I'm interested if the OP/RonnyB is not.

Can you bring it with you to the MATS to avoid the big shipping $$....LMAO

Sure, I can bring them to Vegas with me. I'll look around and see if I have any more. This one has some pitting as you can see in the photo. I may have one still on a door so I'll go search....

Sure, I can bring them to Vegas with me. I'll look around and see if I have any more. This one has some pitting as you can see in the photo. I may have one still on a door so I'll go search....

Thx cudamark, sounds great and looking forward to meeting you @ the MATS :thumbrig:

-
Back