64 Dart - Replace front end?

-

Topher Matson

Husband, Father, 64 Dart GT Owner
Reaction score
I've been looking for the "right" 64 Dart to come along for almost two years now...but I haven't found it yet. So I found this for sale, but I'm not a "body guy" so can anyone help me know how much I'd be getting into for this? Is this something I could dissemble and replace myself with medium skills, or is it something that requires a very skilled professional. Any ideas of cost I'd be looking at?

Release the hounds!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Replacing the sheet metal is the easy part - provided you can find replacements. It may need some time on a frame rack. Not sure what that kind of work costs.

Depends on if it bent the frame rails or radiator support/inner fenders. If you are looking for a 64 Dart project I also have a few of them in San Jose also.

Depends on if it bent the frame rails or radiator support/inner fenders. If you are looking for a 64 Dart project I also have a few of them in San Jose also.

I'm pretty darn close to San Jose... would you mind sending me a link to your projects?

I've been looking for the "right" 64 Dart to come along for almost two years now...but I haven't found it yet. So I found this for sale, but I'm not a "body guy" so can anyone help me know how much I'd be getting into for this? Is this something I could dissemble and replace myself with medium skills, or is it something that requires a very skilled professional. Any ideas of cost I'd be looking at?

Release the hounds!

View attachment 1715684363

View attachment 1715684364
Looks like it's pretty solid. Shame it got smacked. Looks fixible.

The best thing for you to do is to take it to a body shop and pay to have it put on the frame machine. Talk to them first they may want replacement panels ready that you will need to find. A want ad here can find them for you.

Yup. That's got the radiator support and front frame rail involved. No question about it. Very repairable though.

Yup. That's got the radiator support and front frame rail involved. No question about it. Very repairable though.

Yup.

Except, if you’re paying someone to fix that damage the price tag could easily be higher than a just buying a different ‘64 Dart without those issues. And none of those parts are currently reproduced, so, you need another parts car anyway.

Yup.

Except, if you’re paying someone to fix that damage the price tag could easily be higher than a just buying a different ‘64 Dart without those issues. And none of those parts are currently reproduced, so, you need another parts car anyway.

Well, I guess it all depends on his resources. I have two good friends that live less than a mile away in opposite directions with frame machines and the whole shootin match. Maybe he can hook up with somebody in his area. But you're 100% right. The parts are what's gonna be tough to find. Just two years for sheet metal. 63 and 64, right?

-
Back