64 Dart Side Glass Weathering stripping

-

Blainethemono

Reaction score
Hello, I did do some searching on the site & eventually found a decent link that may be what I need, but just looking for clarification. Looks like a pin/screw holds the front in place & then it feeds thru a "galley" starting from the back to front(?) If anybody has some 1st hand experience @ installing it I would appreciate any tips, tricks or "look out for this" advice

Thanks again..

Gallery: Installing Year One Door and Roof Rail Weatherstrips - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

The early A cars weather stripping is different than the later A body. I'm not sure you can use that article for reference in an early A car.
I do have some pictures of my 65 Barracuda if you need any reference pictures from it.

Thanks for responding! I have contacted the author of the article & he agrees with you, I wasnt surprised. .
Im reluctant to tear off the OEM pos stuff until I have some clue what Ill be facing.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The early A cars weather stripping is different than the later A body. I'm not sure you can use that article for reference in an early A car.
I do have some pictures of my 65 Barracuda if you need any reference pictures from it.
Would you post them. I need to do my 66 Valiant.

Please, anything u have of the OEM "groove" where is is supposed to go would be helpful

When removing your old weather strip take lots of pictures.
Here is a couple of pictures. The first thing I did was to install the door seal rubber. It was longer than needed and had to be trimmed t down by about 4". Fit tight to the door opening and make sure you tap it fully into the corners. Then I installed the door end rubber seal as it fits over the end of the door seal. Then install the above door glass seal and it does intersect with the door seal.

IMG_3168.JPEG

Car without any weather striping installed
IMG_3866.JPEG

IMG_3867.JPEG

This is where the door seal meets the roof weather striping.

-
Back