"64 Dart to 73 Duster Front Disc Conversion

-

sdraven

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I've been lurking around this site for a while now. Learned more than a few things.......thank you! This is my first post though. My project is a 1964 Dart GT Convertible. It's current state is pretty much disassembled. I picked up the 73 Duster single caliber disc brakes out of a Pic-n-Pull yard. Then engine and master cylinder were gone so I can't really tell you much about the original car it came out of. As you can see I got the upper control arms on down through the lower ball joints as well as the tie rod ends and porportioning valve. I've decided that I really want to buy one of the kits to convert my car, mostly so I can keep the original 4X5 bolt pattern front and rear.
Anyway I'd like to sell the Duster parts. I paid $220 at the yard for them and I'll be happy to let them go for that. As long as someone wants to come and get them. I'd like to avoid shipping them. I've got access to a bead blaster cabinet at work and you can see I cleaned up most of the parts a few months ago when I first got them. Some close rust is returning which should clean up pretty easily.
I'll be moving from Monterey, CA to Fort Myers, FL the beginning of November. I'm really looking forward to packing up this project and towing it across the country but I really can't bring myself to even think about giving up the project. That's even though at my current rate of progress I'm at least two years from completion.
Ok that's my story........if you don't like it I can make something else up!

Any Takers

Stephen

Duster 002.jpg

you should put this in the Parts For Sale section.

:)

Good luck moving, hope you like your new home,
Florida is a lot muggier {More Humid} than Calif.

I'd probably say "Load it all in a box and bring it with you. When you get to 81 and 85 interchange stop at the McDonalds and call me. I'll come and get'em."
Only problem is I dont need them. Someone else may read this and be inspired to catch you passing by. Good luck

man, i could REALLY use that stuff....is there absolutely no way you would be into packing and shipping it? of course i would pay for the shipping....those parts seem pretty hard to find around here.
-tim

you should put this in the Parts For Sale section.

:)

Good luck moving, hope you like your new home,
Florida is a lot muggier {More Humid} than Calif.

you're right I'll put it there now......Thanks

Only as a last resort. I'm thinking the shipping would be expensive as this stuff is heavy.

alright well please let me know if the last resort arises and your willing to ship it.
thanks!
-tim

hello,i have a 1970 duster will that work for me?if so i live in va but go to fla sometimes,if you have the parts we can meet up,thanks

-
Back