64 dart with damaged suspension?

-

Rninca1

Reaction score
Hi... Hoping someone can give me a little info, help and direction

Son ran into a curb, popped the tire, bent the rim. And ... Damaged something as the tire now sits tilted with the upper part leaning out, bottom leaning in.

Lpoking for replacements parts... Spindle is bent, and not sure what else... Auto guy said something about the "knuckle"... ???

Any help with part names? Resources to buy parts?

And just in case this is not going to work, better to sell car for scrap or sell off parts?

I should have the replacement parts you need. It's unlikely the spindle is bent but it is possible. Usually you bend the lower control arm and the strut rod. Sometimes the tie rod. It's rare you bend the upper control arm or the spindle unless it took a real good lick. Another possibility is a bent K-member. You'll need to get it up in the air at a good alignment shop to see what all needs to be replaced.
Thanks, Mark

I should have the replacement parts you need. It's unlikely the spindle is bent but it is possible. Usually you bend the lower control arm and the strut rod. Sometimes the tie rod. It's rare you bend the upper control rod or the spindle unless it took a real good lick. Another possibility is a bent K-member. You'll need to get it up in the air at a good alignment shop to see what all needs to be replaced.
Thanks, Mark

Been there did that; 2 times in the past, bent the lower control arm,
and the strut rod, and tie rod.

Once I was on the way home, on my normal route, with new tires,
and was going fast thru the intersections/turns, and hit loose stone;
after the city had "oiled and stoned" the street. :(

The next time about 5 years later, was at work and slid on ice, into the curb. :(

Thanks for the info... I'm hoping it's just as you've said. Soon ad we get it apart... I'll put the word out for the parts! ;). Thanks again... This board has been so doggone helpful ... More than once!!!
This vehicle is going to fixed... Then sold. The boy needs a car now that is more a daily driver instead of a project car. College calls and momma can't go with him to help with the car!! :0

-
Back