64 front shock mount pics please??

-

Fstforward

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the front upper shock mount area for a 1964 Barracuda/Valiant??

I am in tear-down right now on mine, and the inner fenders were hacked up pretty bad for fender well headers some time ago, and this is the first time I have been "in" the front end, and it appears this guy might have hacked away at the upper shock mount some to make them headers fit.

Thanks in advance

FF

This is what I'm talking about in the previous post.

I will be changing out the inner fenders on both sides, and am curious as to the original shape of the upper shock mount, and also want to know if what this brain surgeon did is detrimental to the str4uctural integrity.

Thanks

FF

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

Thanks. He did hack the upper portion of that up.

Now, I haven't torn it apart far enough to find out, but is this replaceable, or will I have to try and fab up something to complete the missing area. Also, does it lessen the structural integrity, the way it is cut off??

FF

Thanks. He did hack the upper portion of that up.

Now, I haven't torn it apart far enough to find out, but is this replaceable, or will I have to try and fab up something to complete the missing area. Also, does it lessen the structural integrity, the way it is cut off??

FF

Yes, it's replaceable. You are going to need to find a pair of original shock mounts, perhaps from the donor car you are getting the fenderwells off of. Yes, it does diminish the structural integrity of the shock mount since there is less contact area for support.

Okay, I went searching for uppder front shock mounts in the parts wanted thread, but have to ask, if you look at the pics of my shock mounts in the first part of this thread, can I take a replacement set, say, cut off donor car just below shock hole, then, when I get em here, cut mine off right at the bottom of the hack job, cut the donor chock mounts off at the same place, and butt weld them together?

The upper part of these is welded to the inner fenders, and I am replacing the inner fenders, so while I have them off, or, for that matter, for alignment's sake, right after I put them on and weld them @ the firewall, rad support and along the top of the frame, I could them weld in the missing pieces to fit and spot them in to the inner fender, right??

I'm trying to game plan here, so any and all ideas or help on this is welcome

FF

-
Back