64 front wheel well splash pans & seals

-

Garry

Reaction score
Help ! not enough pictures upon disassembly which side for seals ? how does larger pan fit? Holy crap what a jig saw puzzle. PM me ? If you have time I would like to call someone that really knows how this goes together. Really need help here. pictures below.

Attachments

• DSC01104.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC01101.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC01105.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC01106.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC01107.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 127
I did this recently on my 64 Valiant and 65 Dart. Your fwd shield looks like a Valiant, as best I recall, and they do differ. The aft shields are the same for Valiant and Dart. Your seals look correct in your photos. The seals clip on from the wheel well side for both fwd & aft.

The half-round bulge on the fwd shield faces the wheel (faces aft), so that side would have under-coating. When installed, it surrounds the big hole in your inner fender that the turn signal harness feeds thru, isolating it from the wheel area. The flanges on each side of the bulge are for the screws that go up into the welded nuts on each side. It is tricky working it in.

The small round bulge on the aft shield faces the wheel (faces fwd), so that side would get under-coating. The tab on your outer fender that points into the wheel well goes fwd of that bulge, with bolt going into a U-nut slid into the slot on the bulge.

-
Back