'64 Headlight trim on eBay - seriously?

-
I would say it worth its weight in aluminum, or about 40 cents.

WoW... That's Crazy $$ for JUNK!!! At first I thought this was some sort of "joke"... but sure enough, there are several peeps selling em' just like that...

My first "NEW" car was a 1964 Dart... Loved that push button Slant Six 170 2 door sedan!!! (pic below) in Tiverton R.I.

They didn't take much to crunch. Wonder if they could be machined from Aluminum (billet) slugs? They would be "thicker" (more durable) then OEM...

Uh... just thinking out loud.. (Ignore me)

Clif of AZ.:coffee2:

Attachments

• dart64.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 305
Looks like this guy is taking a page out the book of the guy who knowingly sells non functioning "aka" trashed/useless parts on craigslist that lives on 16st and indian school.

so we were all looking for some decent 64 bezels at reasonable price! ha

I figure you buy 2 -3 of these bent up wonders, cut off the bad part, and splice them together. forget about the seem, ya won't notice going down the road!???

someone will eventually repop them, price will be $275 each or $500 a pair. justify: cost of die was $600,000, and its a mopar part, and ya know rare, low production car, restored is worth $100,000 !? ha o k so i'm a synacal old fart!

Somebody DOES sell repops. Laysons. They ain't cheap.

If I had one in this condition I might put it on ebay for $0.59 because I just have a hard time throwing this stuff away.
If anyone really really needed it then they at least got something.
But first Id put here for free!

Somebody DOES sell repops. Laysons. They ain't cheap.

You're right, Triple-R - took several minutes to guess what category they were under, and no pics. Has anyone bought one? Are they any good?

Here they are, btw.

http://www.laysons.com/Catalog.cfm?nCatID=1033&nModelID=5&nModelYear=1964

The bigger question - are they in stock? I ordered '64 Taillights from Laysons in early March of 2013 - haven't heard a peep since then.

On Mar 9, 2013, at 10:03 AM, "Rick Keesler" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi John,

I came into work for a little while today and was pulling orders from our web server and seen you had placed the order for two tail light lenses for your '64 Dart as you had mentioned on the FABO board, Thank You!

Your invoice order number is 77893, and I have the part status denoted as "Backorder".

When the lenses are assembled and completed, you will be getting a phone call letting you know they're ready, and your approval to bill and ship.

Thanks,
Rick @ Laysons

I have 2 better than that( not much but a little) I would give away to anyone who pays shipping.

Attachments

• 100_0213.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 256
The bigger question - are they in stock? I ordered '64 Taillights from Laysons in early March of 2013 - haven't heard a peep since then.

Only fair to update this one - they are supposed to be shipping these to me today.

I had a nice set and sold them for 60 dollars! At the time had no idea they were so valuable! Se le Ve!

-
Back