64 valiant is it worth it

-

ike61

Reaction score
I'm looking for an early a-body to start collecting parts for, for a future restoration. I found one about 25 miles from home, a 64 Valiant two door sedan. they want $500 for it (delivered). It has rust free fenders and trunk floor. pass side quarter is rust free. driver's side lower quarter is rusted(already cut off) driver's side floor front and back is solid. passenger side front and back has some pins holes. needs hood, deck lid. and rear bumper. has nice grill and tail lights. All glass is good. I will have to get a title for it too. what do you think?

Attachments

• june2011 001.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 107
  • june2011 002.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 122
  • june2011 023.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 110
  • june2011 025.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 109
Looks like a great start to a sweet car. Of course, I'm kind of biased but anything very solid for 500 seems pretty decent. It appears it even started life as a 273 V-8.

not sure what your plans are-- future restoration means many things---
if you have a big budget -- then by all means snap that baby up-- the sheet metal & body parts have value.
the missing trim parts & hood will double the price of that car quickly-- so can you find a like condition car for say around $1500 -- you might come out ahead---a guy in SE Kansas has been trying to sell (1.5 years) a 64-66 2 door valiant for around $1500 with no luck
just food for thought, Lawrence

Being an 8 already it has parts worth the asking price. I say its a good start just dont rush and spend big money for parts. Wait for the right price on parts and finish it slowly.

-
Back