{{{ 64 Valiant Update }}}

-

rickstershemi

It's True....I'm Nutz
Reaction score
OK....we're thrashing this weekend to get the final mock up done, weld in the frame connectors, adjust the pinion angle and weld up the perches, measure for the new drive-shaft and install the new "Champion" 4-Core radiator to be delivered today (67 Rustang #CC340) I decided on due to it will fit in the existing /6 radiator support with just some light massaging.

Last will be to strip out all the trim, bumpers, glass and it's off to the body shop next week to get straightened & shot in base/clear Ice Blue Metallic...!!!!!!! {FINALLY)

OH...also picked up the 14x6 front steelies here locally and received the 15x7 4 1/2" backspace steelies from "Specialty Wheels" through Frank Long....Thanks Frank....!!!!!! Had them powder-coated gloss black and mounted up the new Firestone Wide-O-Vals....the rears fit perfect with that backspacing and the F60 15's that have an 8.8" wide tread with room to spare...!!!!!!!

Here's a few pics I shot.....more to come after the weekend thrash 8)

DSC08163.jpg

While having the wheels powder-coated I decided to get a few other items coated as well.....original jack & spare tire parts & the fuel tube 8)
DSC08192.jpg

Over-all I'm very happy with the ride hieght with the 2" lowering blocks at the rear and have approx. 5 1/2" of clearance at the oil pan 8)
DSC08159.jpg

DSC08189.jpg

DSC08185.jpg

The 408 slid right in with the K-Member modification we made for the 8 quart Moroso pan and the new MSD E-Curve dizzy clears the firewall better than I expected, but did have to do a little grinding on the back-side of the tunnel ram for it to clear to the front, but not too much 8)

I'm also happy I decided to go with the Edelbrock Endurashine 500 AVS carbs, they look sweet and will be a hell of alot easier to adjust & balance over the original AFB's 8)
DSC08172.jpg

DSC08180.jpg

DSC08178.jpg

I really like the Summit alternator billet bracket, but *** you can see it will not fit with the spacers supplied.....need to make up our own for a perfect fit......the plastic spacers were just for mock-up 8)
DSC08179.jpg

DSC08157.jpg

Well that's it for now, still trying to decide weather to go with Doug's or TTI on the headers (scratches head) ...... will post up our weekend progress next week and then it will be at the mercy of our body shop for approximately five weeks.....Damn 8)

Rickster

Looks great! I'm really surprised the E-curve fit...

Looking good!

My '64 is in "body shop limbo" right now. I dropped by this week and it was getting the primer final sanded, and all the low spots were marked. At least I'm ahead of them money-wise.

I like what all you've accomplished on yours!

Looks great! quick question: how do you get the moving jack part off the post?

Flattened the top ears in the vise and it comes right off....of course it will hopefully never be needed.....just for show 8)

Rickster

-
Back