Not open for further replies.

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Contact seller
Got a set of 65 14 inch Formula S hubcaps and special thru-the-hubcap lug nuts I just pulled off my 65 Signet 'vert that I will be parting out. I am including 1 hubcap as a spare. It took over 3 years to obtain all 5 hubcaps and never found a "good" one. All 5 have curb rash on the outer rim of the cap. Even on eBay the 14 inch hubcaps are not often seen (13 inch style seems to be much more available). Also have the 10 RH and 10 LH special 2 inch lug nuts used with these hubcaps. They were NOS when I bought them from Frank Mitchel (10 for $130) but since they've been on the car, they do have surface rust on them. Looking for $300 plus the ride on everything from 22657.

Attachments

• hubcaps 002.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 406
  • hubcaps 003.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 404
  • hubcaps 004.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 399
  • hubcaps 011.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 382
  • more for sale 006.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 374
  • more for sale 007.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 369
Can you post a picture of the 14" caps your trying to sell. These are the very common 13" type in the photo you posted.

Can you post a picture of the 14" caps your trying to sell.

These ARE the hubcaps that fit the 14 inch wheel! Took them off myself from my 65 Valiant with 14 inch wheels with 195-70X14 tires on them.

These are the very common 13" type in the photo you posted.

The 13 inch variety look identical to the 14 inchers, just won't fit 14 inch wheels.

Learn something new everyday! I did not even know this style of cap came in a 14. Do the center cones interchange with the 13's? I was inquiring hoping you were actually selling the '67 (I guess) and later style 14" cap. Thanks for the education.

I had always wondered if the 13" caps and the 14" caps were the same. I have never tried a 13" cap that looks like these on a 14" wheel but suspected they might be the same cap and the difference was in the wheel itself.

Learn something new everyday! I did not even know this style of cap came in a 14.

Yes for the Formula S for 65 and 66 and a similar style for 67, 8 and 9.

Do the center cones interchange with the 13's?

Yes the center cones interchange. The ones I have are correct for 65 as they have the Valiant-style emblem. The 66's have the Plymouth emblem and I can not tell what was used for a similar style hubcap for 67, 8 and 9. Take a look at http://www.hubcaps.org/barracuda.html Take a look at their number CHR319 for the 67, 8 and 9. It appears the center dome is the same as the 66 and it appears it takes the 2 inch long wheel lugs also.

I was inquiring hoping you were actually selling the '67 (I guess) and later style 14" cap. Thanks for the education.

No problem. Hope you're able to find the 67 style

Just for you folks who need a lesson on how to distinguish the 13" and 14" barracuda/valiant bolt through mag wheel style wheel covers:
13: the valve stem hole is down in the valley
14: the valve stem hole straddles the ridge.
13: the "spring clamp" on the rear is flush to the hubcap
14: the "spring clamp" has room for your fingers between the "spring clamp" and the hubcap.
The centers are interchangeable as are the retaining rings.
The 65 and 66 are identical except for the logo in the center, the '65 having the red/blue Valiant logo and the '66 having the new "mayflower" design. These logos can be interchanged as well.
The 14" covers appear "too small" when installed as they leave a small portion of the rim exposed.

So anyone who thinks these are not 14" caps, which they are, I will give you your money back if they are not!

Just for you folks who need a lesson on how to distinguish the 13" and 14" barracuda/valiant bolt through mag wheel style wheel covers:
14: the "spring clamp" has room for your fingers between the "spring clamp" and the hubcap.
The 65 and 66 are identical except for the logo in the center, the '65 having the red/blue Valiant logo and the '66 having the new "mayflower" design. These logos can be interchanged as well.
The 14" covers appear "too small" when installed as they leave a small portion of the rim exposed.

So anyone who thinks these are not 14" caps, which they are, I will give you your money back if they are not!

Thanks for the lesson on identifying the differences between the 13" and 14" S hubcaps, and they do in fact leave a small portion of the rim exposed when installed - paint the rims black and problem solved!

Thanks for the lesson that may come in handy down the road. I had noticed the 14" caps looked small on the 14" rims and that why I thought they may be the same. Nice to know the difference between the two sizes

I had always wondered if the 13" caps and the 14" caps were the same. I have never tried a 13" cap that looks like these on a 14" wheel but suspected they might be the same cap and the difference was in the wheel itself.

Yes and No...the wheels are different 13" and 14" but its the difference in the mounting clip measurements on the reverse side. These caps look identical from the front. If you measure the backside from mounting clip to mounting clip you will see a 1" or so difference. The 14" hub caps clips are almost near the edge/rim of the hub cap.

Can't believe thier still for sale...good luck with them at 'Nats!

ZooKypr

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back