65 2-post mirror location

-

396 Signet

Reaction score
My 65 Signet came without a drivers side mirror. Anyone know exactly where a factory twin post manual mirror is located on the door? A measurement from the front of the base to the front of the door would be good. Maybe a pic? Thanks in advance.

I have a 66 and will post the picture and measurement's tomorrow.
I think the wing window early A bodies are the same.

Know remember mine is a 66 valiant.
The first measurement is 3 1/8 down to the front hole.
The next two pictures are the measurement form the back of the door to the front hole 43'',

then the last is 14 7/8.
Pay close attention to make sure your wing window does not hit the mirror
I hope this helps. maybe some one with a 65 valiant will chime in and help.

mirror 001.jpg

mirror 002.jpg

mirror 003.jpg

mirror 004.jpg

mirror 005.jpg

mirror 006.jpg

While I will assume that MeMike's car is original and correct, the '65 Darts that I look at and collect pics of for reference, all have the mirror farther forward. I don't have any reference for Valiants, but would think that they'd be the same.

My Dart has the mirror in an incorrect location, as the vent window hits it when opened, so any measurements from here are useless.

But here's a pic that I have the shows where it is generally.

d1641.jpg

Thanks very much! This is kinda interesting, know of one all original 66 Cuda that has the mirror mounted further up like shown on the Dart. The original brochure shows the mirrors mounted rearward like on Mike's but they're remote mirrors.

Yes this is kinda interesting:-k
I can open the wing window all the way and
it don't hit anything,and I can set in my seat and see my rear view good.
This is just an observation:shock: it looks like the window trim will be in the way to use the side rear view mirror on the dart. but I am not sure.

let take a closer look!! I will be back:-D

Here are some pictures of some 65 valiants

65V-07.jpg

chris65valiant%20005_jpg.jpg

chris65valiant%20038_jpg.jpg

Locations for these great early A's looks like they could be used ether place.
A 65 barracuda puts them forward like comoxian dodge dart.
It is possible that that location was the sporty look and the other is for good easy use. I seen a 65 Barracuda with a pair of mirrors out on the fenders.
So what to do you do now.:-k

Give this thread some time and don't drill any holes until you have made your own mind up.:thumleft:

pm650201.jpg

shelly4.jpg

It may have something to do with factory and dealer install. In 64 the left mirror was an option, not standard. Mine came from factory and is installed forward. You look through the wing glass when its open. It's 8 3/16th from the front and 2 in from the side of the beltline chrome.

-
Back