Status
Not open for further replies.

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a part or 2 depending on the actual remaining parts needed for the rear inside of a 65-66 barracuda. (no, I haven't had one in 10 years and forgot what I did know about the trim in that area since mine was perfect when I had it and won't get my new to me one till next year(he said so last year too!)) I have the corners and the front skinny pieces that I'm and starting to make and am looking for the rear window long piece that fits between the 2 corner pieces on the back inside of the rear window and the latch cover, I'd like to reproduce them in sets and will need that part to complete my modeling. (it doesn't have to be perfect just all there even if it's cracked) these are the parts I've got and am working on just need to finish out the rear window trim for the barracudas (oh and find a local car I can test fit the parts on too!:):))

20230430_130954.jpg

hole spacing.JPG

20210630_151120 (1).jpg

20210630_151123.jpg

There is no long piece between the 2 inside corners. That section is not covered. The access holes to the speed nuts for outer rear window center trim had body plugs in them. Often found missing because they deteriorate over the years.

There is no long piece between the 2 inside corners. That section is not covered. The access holes to the speed nuts for outer rear window center trim had body plugs in them. Often found missing because they deteriorate over the years.
ahhhh gotcha, thanks, so I seem to have all 5 pieces (2 front trim and 2 rear larger corners, latch cover) I need for the inner trim. correct? Like I said It's been 10 years and I never messed with it when I had it since they were perfect (and my memory isn't).

The 5 parts you are making are the sought after parts that crumble over time! And maybe if you had enough interest the correct plastic body plugs to fill the center trim access holes. I believe any correct size plug will fit but design was different. Alot of guys stated their cars didn't have them. Maybe the factory, ran out, got lazy, they fell out, maybe '66 only or maybe '64 '65 and someone put them in my '66.....who knows!!! Maybe even the factory stopped using them in order to stabilize and release heat from the back window / rear cargo area!
I have seen another Cuda with these. What made more interesting it had a blue interior. So...the 4 interior parts were blue and so were the 4 body hole plugs. All matched in color.

20230514_081339.jpg

Last edited:
All I have are these 2 pieces. They might come in handy for a repair. Free, just pay shipping.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back