65 A body Rend housing

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I may get a housing for the 8 3/4 center I just got. Will a 72 Duster housing be too wide for my 65 dart? (Flange to Flange). Can't afford new wheels and my 245/60/14s fit real nice right now with the 7 1/4 girly boy set up.
Also, I am too lazy to crawl under the car and measure it (today).:cheers:

should bolt right up and be the right width. i have an 8.75 from what i was told was a 70 Dart under my 64 and it was a bolt-in. i'm running the same size tire but i need more backspace on the wheels but they are in the same spot as they were with the old 7.25 rear so if yours fit already, they should work fine with the new rear. you WILL have to shorten your driveshaft, though, FYI. so at some point you will have to crawl under the car with a tape measure haha. at any rate, all a-body rear ends *should* interchange from 63-76 as far as mounting (someone please correct me if i'm wrong)
-Tim

65Vart,my 66 Dart has a 72 Duster 8 3/4 under it!I bought the housing empty,then added all$$$ the other goodies!Let me know a when your gonna attack the brakes or the rear?Which ever first?I,ll be there to help!Scott.Hey Wally,you can see the b.plates in pics.?They,re for 8 3/4 10x1 3/4 brakes,there yours if you want them?I went with 10x2 1/2 with Mosers!

trim 026.jpg

65Vart, I know this sounds strange, but the flange to flange is actually less
on an A body 8 3/4 than the '65 7 1/4. 8 3/4 is 51.40 and the 7 1/4 is 53.20.
I did this swap about 6 mo. ago in my 65 Valiant. Info from:
www.440magnum-network.com

Thanks guys , Scott I'll let you know on the Bplates. I am still trying to get that drum to drum complete from that guy with the open 323s. Now that I have a SGrip center he might take less for the housing,axles and drums. After last weekend 750.00 is too much.
sorry about my rotton exhaust fumes on Saturday, hopfully next summer I'll be able to get a wicked little stroker like the one in your '73. First I need to build the car to handle it.......that's the plan man8)

It,s okay 65Vart,you can come over and wash it!LOL!J/K.I,ve got some 15 inch cop wheels,if you want some beef under there?There bbp though,Hmmm Moser axels???If buddy doesn,t want to budge,I have a C body housing and axels you could have shortened for the same amount it would cost for an empty housing?Again bbp axels with 3 inch studs.

-
Back