'65 A/C Heater Box Question

-

dibbons

Reaction score
The rod that secures the passenger side vent on this A/C Heater box has the hook bent at a different angle than what I am used to seeing. Usually the rod upper hook is bent 90 degrees (at least in my non a/c '65) so I was wondering if this 45 degree angle bend for the a/c box is correct or damaged/bent? Thank you.

Pass a:c air box 1.JPG

Pass a:c air box 4.JPG

Your lucky day since I have 3 climate rods hanging in my garage de-rusted and painted. Two are bent at 90 deg and the third is longer and bent 45 deg like yours, thus yours is probably proper. I was working on boxes for my 1964 Valiant and 1965 Dart and had a spare set of from a junkyard 1964, all non-AC. The boxes are installed in my 1964 and I think I stowed the rods in my 1965 boxes (not in car yet). So, I assume the 3 hanging ones were from the spare 1964 set. The L box takes 2 rods, so must be the 2 shorter 90 deg bends. The R box takes 1 rod, so must be the longer 45 deg one. The 1964 and 65 rods are likely the same since I didn't distinguish. There were significant differences between the 64 & 65 main boxes which I'll post someday (took many photos). I recall at least 2 of the internal doors changed in 1965.

-
Back