65 barracuda 360 la

-

Burnnin Charlies

Reaction score
I've seen that people are saying when I put the 360 la motor into this car they are changing the suspension on the front and rear because of possibly the weight maybe I'm not sure first time ever doing a motor swap so this is all new in educational to me

If it was a slant 6 car to begin with, I would seriously consider upgrading the torsion bars on a street car. If it was a 273, you should be able to get away with it for a while, but remember- those are still almost 60 years old... So it depends on your ultimate goal with the car.
Also consider a brake upgrade if you just have 9" drums.
LOTS of other considerations, especially if it was a slant 6 car. TONS of posts on this, so I don't need to get into it here. "Search" is your friend. Look in the "Early A" forum.

Last edited:
A slant six weighs roughly 475 lbs, a 273, 318, 340 or 360 weights in the neighborhood of 525 to 550 lbs. depending on how it's set up.

Last edited:
A slant six ways roughty 475 lbs, a 273, 318, 340 or 360 weights in the neighborhood of 525 to 550 lbs. depending on how it's set up.
Not really enough to make a difference. Put on a aluminum intake and headers and you're there.

-
Back